Richard Fluck
United Kingdom
Milton
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just seeking a clarification.

I assume that this deed cannot be used to take out an Ancient Demon - which they all are - given that the Ancient does not have the key word 'Enemy'.

Otherwise the cleric is some sort of super warrior, purging the world of the great evils.

Just checking I have got that right? Lots of subtlety in the keyword interpretations etc.

Enjoyed my first two solo games.

Cheers Tristan

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul is right, p25.:

Quote:
Defeat: If a card effect allows a hero to defeat an encounter,
the hero claims the reward for it. If the hero was performing
an engagement or a Confront Action, it immediately ends. An
Ancient cannot be defeated by an ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game requires that the player take everything literally, as written, (as Paul pointed out.) Rather than having complicated explanations in the rulebook to make each circumstance clear, the rules simply don't have exceptions unless clearly stated on a card. (This is similar to LoTR and Android: Netrunner, for example. Most games that focus on keywords work this way.) This prevents much confusion, once you realize how to interpret cards.

(Unless of course a mistake was made somewhere, in which case confusion will exist anyway.) The game appears to be very thoroughly tested, so taking everything at face value ought to work nicely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
valzi wrote:
This game requires that the player take everything literally, as written, (as Paul pointed out.) Rather than having complicated explanations in the rulebook to make each circumstance clear, the rules simply don't have exceptions unless clearly stated on a card. (This is similar to LoTR and Android: Netrunner, for example. Most games that focus on keywords work this way.) This prevents much confusion, once you realize how to interpret cards.

Funny you mention these games - I had Fantasy Flight's Patrick Brennan do the final rules draft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.