Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you stay off the KS page but are still contemplating backing following is a link to the current version of the rules.

Still a work in progress and with Solo rules to come.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9eLDYUtUrycLURrcXc1b3d4NFE...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say similarities are few

You have two set decks yours and the opposing force with Solo playable from Norman or Saxon perspective.

Both decks are similar in composition Characters, Units, Events, Attachments etc.

Cards are played to your side of the Battlefield in one of three wedges each having three rows. To progress you need to defeat objectives which I suppose sits in with the LoTR game.

Once you complete the final objective Battle commences for real for control of those wedges with decisions made whether to use units to potentially damage opponents forces or attack the wedge directly.

Win two wedges win the game. Just keep an eye on your Deck as once it runs out you auto lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Both_Sides_of My_Table
United Kingdom
Market Drayton
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a bash at the p&p playtest game with solo rules and, as Nick mentions, the similarities are few...really only physical...2 decks of cards etc. The way the game plays feels very different...a combative game which does a pretty decent job of recreating a competitive/strategic opponent as you would expect to find in a pvp game setting. Solo LoTR is you taking on the game...and doesn't provide a particularly strategic opponent, in my opinion. JPlay has done a solo run through on YouTube which should give you an idea how the game works for a solo player https://youtu.be/uNmm24mJe_A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna have a read of this, but I'm also interested in the solo rules - actually, the solitaire aspect was the main reason I went further about the game when I first learned about it laugh But I'm sure that my wife will be interested in the game despite it being war-themed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, the solo rules WiP can be followed in this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26106737#26106737

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha thanks, I'll look it up eventually
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.