Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
The English rules are generally clear but we had two questions:

1. Can the Assassin only be used on another player's character? This seems to be implied (and would make sense) but is not explicitly stated.

2. If there are not enough soldiers for someone to take everyone puts back 2 and loses 3VP for each one they can't return. Does this rule apply at other times players need to lose soldiers (Expedition, Border Defense, and Centralization in an edge case)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Power Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The rulebook does not mention about it but I feel it would make sense to use it to kill another player's character only.

2. I think this rule is designed to avoid a player to hold too many soldiers on hand such that other players don't have a chance to buy any soldier. I feel loses 3 VP on other situation for no soldier seems to be too much.

Power

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter B
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
2. If there are not enough soldiers for someone to take, everyone puts back 2 and loses 3VP for each one they can't return. Does this rule apply at other times players need to lose soldiers (Expedition, Border Defense, and Centralization in an edge case)?

This was also a discussion in my first game. You might say they don't score the card at all. Or they only pay what they have (but that does seem a bit too soft).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Chew
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The Japanese rules say "During play, if you discard this card, you also discard one displayed character card of another player." So no, you can't use it on your own character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Liu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tool wrote:
2. If there are not enough soldiers for someone to take everyone puts back 2 and loses 3VP for each one they can't return. Does this rule apply at other times players need to lose soldiers (Expedition, Border Defense, and Centralization in an edge case)?

I sent email to okazubrand asking this question, the answer is

"If you must lose soldiers any case and you don't have enough soldiers, you lose 3VP for soldiers that you can't return."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.