Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
I am called Huginn..., or is it Muninn..., I forget...
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to ask this over in the shipping thread, but things have gotten a little contentious over there.

Has anyone actually received their copy of "Nemos' War" yet? Or any shipment notification?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Canning
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No shipment notification - other than the general word that shipping has started. Waiting here in Kansas City.

Funny thing, I may get two different games delivered to me hot off the presses this week - Nemo's War (2d ed.) and Target for Today (from Legion Wargames).

Looking forward to both!thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Martin
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
Sanctify!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have received notification from the fulfillment service (Game Salute) here in the UK that they are going to ship soon (asking for address confirmation). No notice that the shipping has occurred (which I think they have sent in the past).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mavs Fan wrote:
Funny thing, I may get two different games delivered to me hot off the presses this week - Nemo's War (2d ed.) and Target for Today (from Legion Wargames).

It can sure be "feast or famine" in this hobby sometimes. I had not gotten any new games for quite some time, and then 1750 arrived on May 22nd, Time of Crisis showed up on June 7th, and now I'm expecting both Nemo's War and Star Traders any day now.

Now all I need to do is find some time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
craw-daddy wrote:
I have received notification from the fulfillment service (Game Salute) here in the UK that they are going to ship soon (asking for address confirmation). No notice that the shipping has occurred (which I think they have sent in the past).

Same for myself. Awaiting the actual shipping notice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phormio wrote:
I was going to ask this over in the shipping thread, but things have gotten a little contentious over there.

Has anyone actually received their copy of "Nemos' War" yet? Or any shipment notification?

People do seem to get anxious closer to shipping dates. Apparantly they and all their pets will die if someone else receives the game a day earlier than they do. Or God forbid, the game ships late. That's literal Armageddon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emspace
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hah. I’ve completely forgotten about this game, and in my mind, it’s not shipping until July. Out of mind = content to wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
phormio wrote:

People do seem to get anxious closer to shipping dates. Apparantly they and all their pets will die if someone else receives the game a day earlier than they do. Or God forbid, the game ships late. That's literal Armageddon.

No kidding! I've seen some very nasty messages during shipping times and some people in absolute panic when they don't have their game but hear others have them. I remember our fulfillment partner told us best not to give too many dates since any slippage would cause terrible upset. Or give exact ship dock dates. Has to be unloaded, trucked to the warehouse, organized by the warehouse, packed/labeled, picked up by shipper. That can take weeks.

And remember, once the product leaves the printer in China, there's really nothing the publisher can do at that point. Just have to ride out the whole process. Emailing the shipper over and over won't make it go faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Hopefully, the Nautilus will surface in your Home port soon. As ScottE says, it's really out of our hands at this juncture...

Now, we will be at a big convention in Sacremento next weekend (circa the 17th at Wizard World: http://wizardworld.com/comiccon/sacramento), and I plan to bring our rush copy of the game to show-and-tell at our booth (along with several other games-in-progress). So, if you can't want and at least want to see it, I'll see you there!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have discovered, through my anxiety about delivery of a different game, I have actually, and this is for myself, but posting because I have found it useful; if no one else does, okay, but someone might, I don't know . . .

I am I think going to get Near and Far on the last day they said wait to see if you get by the twelfth, after that, contact us.

I was anxious for quite awhile, but in the last two weeks, I have shifted to being happy about being on the later end of fulfillment, for several reason s.

1) Anticipation is One of THE best parts of kickstarter for me. Granted, you do it because you want the thing, not for the waiting itself, to be clear, but I have depression and other things, and having things to look forward to is really enjoyable for me. So I really enjoy the anticipation. When I relooked at my anxiety over this game's delivery, I thought, wait, I often get after that week of in boxing fun excitement first plays, a bit of, oh . . .I'm not about to get something in the mail. This might seem silly, like endlessly extending a pregnancy, and endlessly delayed projects aren't the funniest, though those with communication are the best, and keep me knowing it's being handled, if they are handling it. Occasionally you will get someone who pulls a hoser move . . .

But anyway, the anticipation, is one thing, for me, when things have been communicated well.

Secondly, Errata, and any things that are easy for new players to miss. Players who got theirs first, have discovered this, and there's even been official word on it now, and enough discussions I won't have problems 8n these areas, I know what things, not much, to watch out for.

That point is huge.

Third, Flow and feel of the game, especially when the game has changed since the Kickstarter. Reading through some of the posts, has helped me get an idea of what it's going to be like, and I have found that useful, it will create less dissonance when trying to learn and play through the game when we have it. If the game hasn't changed much since the kickstarter, there's still helpful stuff I learn from reading stuff. It depends on the game, and how complex or how many bits it is . . .but sometimes even a tip on how to organize the stuff differently in the box, can cut setup time in half, or something like that . . .

When you have as many issues as I, every bit helps, but some of these things may be useful for others. For having multiple anxiety disorders, it's nice to not only have countered the anxiety I was having about something, but to be completely 180 degrees and appreciating being later in fulfillment.

I know if it doesn't actually show up, they will deal with it. I will be applying this changed perspective on getting my kickstarter s to most of mine in the future. Only the ones who don't do their part by a good bit, will be in trouble. I've had a couple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
phormio wrote:

Sounds like you are describing another KS game that is delivering right now, This War of Mine. They are slowly shipping out a couple hundred copies per day (small operation), and people are losing their minds over someone else getting the game a few days before them. Maybe it's my KS addiction talking, but I'll never understand that. Particularly for games that are primarily solo (as both of these are).

Luckily (or would it be "ironically"?), the "contentious" thread doesn't contain a single complaint about Nemo's lateness. In fact, everyone seems quite understanding about that. Most of the posts are about a different issue, but it would require reading the thread to understand that. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping notice received today in UK. Dispatched via Royal Mail 13th June.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thumbed just for the excellent title laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
Thumbed just for the excellent title laugh

Thank you.

One has moments...

Does Ship Naked (here in the US) usually send out shipping notifications? I don't think I've ever been 'fulfilled' through them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hearne
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience, yes, so if nobody's getting notices, then they aren't shipping yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Word from Ship Naked in US is that they're "starting" Nemo's War today. Start notifying of shipping? Start shipping games themselves? I don't know... but it appears that they wheels have begun turning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is doing fulfillment in Canada? It would be nice to sign up for notices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, do you happen to know who is performing the fulfillment in Australia?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Hollister
United Kingdom
Isleworth
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my dispatch notification, so by the weekend it should arrive...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy yesterday (UK). It's on the table, a few rounds in and ready for me to get back to tonight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Leroux
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Got mine today. Patience brothers, its almost there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Also, do you happen to know who is performing the fulfillment in Australia?

Received shipping notification overnight for delivery in Australia: the fulfilment partner for Australia is Unicorn Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Zuk

Guelph
Ontario
msg tools
mbmb
WAHOOO!!! I just received mine today - Canada. It looks amazing and I look forward to playing it this weekend. THANK YOU VICTORY POINT!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Received mine OK on Fri 6 June, south coast U.K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
SAUTRON
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
still no news here in France.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.