Teresa Lee
msg tools
Hello,
Does anyone know about this game? I purchased it at an estate sale. I can't find it anywhere on the internet. The game is called "Montage" and the front of the box has "Made in U.S.A. There is no company information or anything else. I did see a game named "Montage" but it is nothing like it. I wish I could post photos to show.The front of the box has a black & white photos of different images separated like what the cardboard numbered pieces look like. 2nd photo has the pegged numbered cardboard pieces, and 3rd photo has the peg numbered cardboard pieces.

The board:
Measures: 12" tall x 11-1/2" wide. On the left are the numbers 1 through 12. That's how many pegged pieces there are. There are metal arrows that can point to "U" or "E". I'm thinking those might stand for "Uneven" "Even"?

It looks like you can slip something inside the cardboard in the middle. Then you put the cardboard pieces in there. I noticed that these numbers have the same shape: 1&6 2&7 3&8 4&9 5&10 11&12
Perhaps that's were the "Uneven" and "Even" numbers on left correspond?

I'm dating this circa 1930's - 1940's.

Any information would be appreciated. I am so curious about this!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
terealee wrote:
I wish I could post photos to show.

Welcome to BGG!

Yes, please do post some photos for us to see and help you with this game! As a member here, you have your own gallery space to use for personal photos and images, and you can easily enter that by choosing "Gallery" in the "My Geek" dropdown.

Once you've uploaded an image, it is assigned an ID number, and then you can use that to add the image to a forum thread, as I will do here:

(My catgirl "Satori")

If you click the "QuickQuote" widget at the bottom of my note here, you'll see how I did that.

PS: Ooops, forgot to mention that you can find the image ID number by looking in the URL when you view that image page after you upload.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG.

A quick check of eBay had no matches.

Please post a photo if you can...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Marl
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To upload photos, click on your account name. That will show a bunch of stuff. One of them is Gallery. Click on that and upload any photos you have there. Then link to the pictures there when you post to the thread here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Slaven
United States
Sioux City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fambans wrote:
To upload photos, click on your account name. That will show a bunch of stuff. One of them is Gallery. Click on that and upload any photos you have there. Then link to the pictures there when you post to the thread here.

Does BGG still display pictures really small by default?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slaven41 wrote:
Does BGG still display pictures really small by default?

When you link them into a forum thread without a modifier, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Marl
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The gallery gives you several sizes. I pick the one I want, copy the image location (url) and use the "insert external image" button rather than the "insert geek image" button.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.