Subject: Thinning your bag in Invasion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Halladay
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we played our first two player game of the cooperative Invasion scenario and one thing that stuck out to me is that you have less opportunity to thin out your bag as the spots on the city board where you can send guys are more restrictive than in the base game. Since you can only send farmers and then one of each other person, how else can you thin unwanted workers out of your bag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
DH1983 wrote:
So we played our first two player game of the cooperative Invasion scenario and one thing that stuck out to me is that you have less opportunity to thin out your bag as the spots on the city board where you can send guys are more restrictive than in the base game. Since you can only send farmers and then one of each other person, how else can you thin unwanted workers out of your bag?

You have to send Knights up to the other side of the city board (as a requirement) but other than that there isn't really! Means you have to do careful planning, or leave workers on actions spaces or in the market!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halladay
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did forget about the Knights. But that was probably because it was almost always painful to send them off as they are very useful in many different ways. I did end up sending some of my workers to unused places on my board to store them there to try and increase my odds of drawing other workers I needed. It just seems like a pretty big departure from the base game. But I guess cooperative play in itself is already a big departure. Thank you for your reply! I just wanted to make sure we got this right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
DH1983 wrote:
I did forget about the Knights. But that was probably because it was almost always painful to send them off as they are very useful in many different ways. I did end up sending some of my workers to unused places on my board to store them there to try and increase my odds of drawing other workers I needed. It just seems like a pretty big departure from the base game. But I guess cooperative play in itself is already a big departure. Thank you for your reply! I just wanted to make sure we got this right.

Yep no worries. You are right, that is one of the biggest differences from the base game (well, other than it being co op...). Just part of what makes it a fantastic experience for me. Same core, but beautifully different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Adams
Australia
Mt Lawley
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can also use the Hostel to move followers to another player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris May
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Feeling lucky punk? Well, do ya?
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also use the councilman role as he has a bunch of people to cull in order to complete his objective. Anyone who has extra people can send them to the councilman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.