Subject: Frost Giant, Tyr's Challenge, and Odin rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Boucher
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Firefly fanMicrobadge: It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.Microbadge: Night OwlMicrobadge: I speak American Sign LanguageMicrobadge: Dune Series fan
Frost Giant Monster Upgrade: If you successfully pillage with this monster, gain the pillage reward again.

Tyr's Challenge Clan Upgrade: As your action you may pay 2 rage to "repillage" an already pillaged province.

Odin - The All-Father:
If you successfully pillage Odin's province, gain the Pillage Reward again.

Suppose a player with Frost Giant in Odin's province successfully pillage, does he gain the Pillage Reward three times (Initial pillage reward, Frost Giant's extra reward, and Odin's effect's extra reward)? Some players argued that the pillager would gain the reward 4 times.

Now suppose you have Frost Giant in a pillaged Odin's province. Odin god figure is "stuck" there because the only other unpillaged province is occupied by some other god. You decide to activate Tyr's Challenge. Since the consensus seems to be that you simply claim the pillage reward and the province does not get opened up to any contesting from other players, I'd say that the Frost Giant benefit does not take place here. But would you be able to claim the reward twice due to the initial reward from the Challenge and from the Odin effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernesto
United States
phoenix
arizona
flag msg tools
From the way I understand it the reward is given again, but is not considered a pillage action so the frost giant should only receive three awards for the initial pillage, its own reward, and then Odin's reward. As for Tyr's challenge, it is not a free reward as you still have to fight other players as if it is a pillage action. This rule was clarified that the "repillage" action is like taking a normal pillage action. Since Odin is stuck there his power is still in effect and it reads that if a player successfully pillages gain a reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seb
msg tools
I think you miss the As your action part of the Tyr's Challenge Clan Upgrade: the upgrade provide the player with an other action available which is "Pillage an allready pillaged region".
So, during your turn and for your only action, instead of the basic actions available: move, quest, pillage, upgrade... you can just, as stated, for the cost of 2 rages, pillage an allready pillaged region. And thats all.

And it´s not, as you seem to think, getting extra reward from pillaging...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls