Dungeons & Dragons: Tomb of Annihilation Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Tomb and Traps Set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bee M
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Is this compatible with the board game or something more specific to the real RPG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully a lot of both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
bmash wrote:
Is this compatible with the board game or something more specific to the real RPG?

The Tomb and Trap Set is part of the Icons of the Realms pre-painted miniature line produced by Wizkids.

Image from this enworld thread.

The set is a case-incentive, meaning that if you pre-order a case of the new Tomb of Annihilation Icons of the Realms boosters, then you can also order the Tomb and Trap Set.

Typically you can purchase these case incentives after release at around $70 or so.

Clearly both the D&DAS game and new miniature line is set in the same setting of Tomb of Annihilation but as such, the Tomb and Trap set has nothing directly to do with the D&DAS Tomb of Annihilation Board Game. The miniatures are primarily aimed at collectors and D&D players.

At this point in time we don't know if the components from the Tomb and Traps Set can be directly used with the new D&DAS Tomb of Annihilation Board Game. While the new game might feature traps and tombs we don't know if the miniatures have been made with the board game in mind. It's unlikely there are specific rules to account for the Tomb and Trap miniatures within the D&DAS game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bee M
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I saw the case incentive too, but then I stumbled upon a preorder for it that appeared to be offered as a stand alone item which had me scratching my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
bmash wrote:
I saw the case incentive too, but then I stumbled upon a preorder for it that appeared to be offered as a stand alone item which had me scratching my head.

This seems a common occurrence with these case incentives.

I suspect that technically, you shouldn't be able to pre-order or purchase the case-incentive on their own. In practice, what seems to happens is a store will place an order for X number of cases (to break them up and sell as booster boxes or bricks) so that way they can obtain a number of case-incentives and put them up for sale independent to the purchase of an entire case.

I obtained the case-incentive for the last set of Icon of the Realms miniature in this way, the Monster Menagerie II range which had Esmerelda's Wagon as the case incentive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the Green Devil Face trap is from Tomb of Horrors and likely appears in Annihilation as well.

I think these are just designed as substitutes for cardboard tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amund Christensen
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even as a case incentive there still could be a tie in.....most, if not all of the minis in ToEE were unpainted versions of the recent ICONS minis.
there is no reason why these could not be in the game unpainted or these could be an upgrade to tokens. Just speculating, but Wizards do seem to be trying to keep a theme through all their releases in a particular time period these days.
More tie in is not a bad thing at all.
cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.