Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because they're circular we had a question raised about the 1 unit limit:

Let's take Malta as an example. In a turn, could one ground unit cross from Sicily, one from either sea area and one from Africa in the same turn, or is it one ground unit total regardless of the where they're coming from?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
According to 11.1 and 11.221, land movement and sea invasions are two different actions. For land movement, crossing into Malta can come from Tunisia, Sfax, and Sicily (3 units total). Sea invasions (1 or 2 units) can come through the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Central Mediterranean (a maximum of either 2 or 4 units). At least that's the way we've played it.

I see your point about the border of Malta being a circle. But, since Albania can be invaded from 3 adjacent land areas (not just 1), I would think the same applies to straits.

We have a house rule that there's a total *sea invasion* limit of a single unit per turn. This simulates the limited number of invasion craft and support available historically. For example, the D-day sea invasion (the largest sea invasion in history) could fit into a single unit.

Hope this helps,

Dieter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jambo wrote:
Because they're circular we had a question raised about the 1 unit limit:

Let's take Malta as an example. In a turn, could one ground unit cross from Sicily, one from either sea area and one from Africa in the same turn, or is it one ground unit total regardless of the where they're coming from?

Thanks

And of course don't forget the border limits don't apply unless they are engaging in combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DieterS wrote:
According to 11.1 and 11.221, land movement and sea invasions are two different actions. For land movement, crossing into Malta can come from Tunisia, Sfax, and Sicily (3 units total). Sea invasions (1 or 2 units) can come through the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Central Mediterranean (a maximum of either 2 or 4 units). At least that's the way we've played it.

I see your point about the border of Malta being a circle. But, since Albania can be invaded from 3 adjacent land areas (not just 1), I would think the same applies to straits.

We have a house rule that there's a total *sea invasion* limit of a single unit per turn. This simulates the limited number of invasion craft and support available historically. For example, the D-day sea invasion (the largest sea invasion in history) could fit into a single unit.

Hope this helps,

Dieter

Yeah I think it's because it's circular and therefore has a more artificial appearance that got me wondering, but in truth you're right, why should this mean it's any different to other borders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.