Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Morgan
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a rules question regarding the null magic of the Silent Tower.

If a mage is out side of the nullification zone and cast Bone Dart - can it be used against a figure inside the nullification area?

Normally I would say no - but Bone Dart specifies it is not a magical attack. It sounds like it is basically a spell that would cast on the mage and then he uses it as a ranged weapon (non-magical).

We lean towards no because of the spirit of the null zone - but the rules as written almost sound like they make a case for it to be allowed. Bone Dart has proved really almost overpowered in our first game and is piling on the pain for my son's poor war band.

Thanks in advance! Enjoying our first game even though we are playing SLOW thanks to being noobs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Jones
msg tools
Based on the spell's description, I would rule it works. That being said, you might want to check at the main frostgrave forum: http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?board=92.0. The author hangs out there, and there's a long running rules thread where you can probably get a definitive answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Masterhit wrote:

If a mage is out side of the nullification zone and cast Bone Dart - can it be used against a figure inside the nullification area?

Normally I would say no - but Bone Dart specifies it is not a magical attack. It sounds like it is basically a spell that would cast on the mage and then he uses it as a ranged weapon (non-magical).

We lean towards no because of the spirit of the null zone - but the rules as written almost sound like they make a case for it to be allowed. Bone Dart has proved really almost overpowered in our first game and is piling on the pain for my son's poor war band.

Thanks in advance! Enjoying our first game even though we are playing SLOW thanks to being noobs.

The wording for Bone Dart says it does not count as a magic attack. That should mean that it wouldn't affect a creature that required a magic attack by spell or weapon to harm it. But it is still a "spell".

The Silent Tower special rules says that "no-one in or touching the tower may may be the target of a spell."

So Bone Dart shouldn't work because it's still a spell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Morgan
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
Masterhit wrote:

The wording for Bone Dart says it does not count as a magic attack. That should mean that it wouldn't affect a creature that required a magic attack by spell or weapon to harm it. But it is still a "spell".

The Silent Tower special rules says that "no-one in or touching the tower may may be the target of a spell."

So Bone Dart shouldn't work because it's still a spell.

Makes sense to me. I was leaning this wa regardless because otherwise a mage could just stand outside the tower ruining everything inside. Especially since getting to the top is a slow business
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.