Hide
2 Posts

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Playing multiple campaigns at the same time ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Peele
msg tools
Given that FFS is likely not ever going to have the rights to publish new content to this game, and the great design ps popping up by the community with custom campaigns, is it feasible to run characters through different quests in any order? Or do characters have to participate in only the individual quest lines to not become unbalanced?

For example, after running and succeeding through the first two Quests that come with the game (Foul Stench), would it make my characters too overpowered to try some tier 1 quest, say from one fan made lines (https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1558032/fan-unoffical-conte...) then go back and tackle tier 3 quests from the box itself? I really would like to continue playing using the same characters throughout the various different quest lines, especially considering solo mode seems somewhat harder, so slightly beefed up characters feel justified.

That said, would it be too much for my characters to go on tier 1 quests after defeating all the main quests from the core box? For example, each new homebrew quest that comes out, it seems dissapointing to have to start with base characters, why not us your old characters, even if they are really advanced? Or should I just level characters through thhe campaign from the core, and only play homebrew quests set to the highest tier, which seems very limiting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parker
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While there is nothing stopping you from doing exactly as you describe, the Tier levels of the quests correspond (at least somewhat) to the power of the characters. If you look at the cards for monsters, you'll see that Tier I monsters do not exceed a certain health or damage level. Moreover, for Tier I locations, you'll see that they do not exceed a certain Explore rating. As your characters level, their abilities get stronger in that they can throw more dice for their actions. To keep the balance between how many successes your characters can generate on any particular type of action per round, the monsters and locations need to get harder to keep pace.

I think if you kept the order of the quests similar to what you have in the main campaign as far as the Tiers are concerned, you should not see a problem. That is, if you do a Tier I quest, a Tier I quest, a Tier II quest, a Tier II quest, and a Tier III quest, no matter whether you choose a fan-made quest or a core game box quest, if you keep to that formula of I, I, II, II, III, you should be okay. If you do, say, a I, I, I, III type arrangement, I think you would see the third Tier I quest is too easy and the Tier III quest is probably too difficult.

Ultimately, I think you should play it however you desire and see how it goes. If it is fun or not, report back and let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.