Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joshua garrison
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Had a line of activated agents from one end of the map to the other except for one sleeper agent.. it was my turn and I activated my last agent for the win.. except the activated agent was a police officer and there was a capture opportunity.. does the game end as soon as the line of active agents are completed or do I have to capture with the now currently activated police officer thus breaking my line of active agents across France?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua garrison
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also one other question.. the master of disguise copies the activation of an adjacent active agent and can also count toward victory conditions like scientist or militia. So in other words the master of disguise can do multiple things at once?? Be activated and act as an adjacent police officer jumping and capturing an enemy agent which in turn places it in a line of four scientists making it now 5 scientists for the win?? Do I have this right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
jaguitar7 wrote:
Had a line of activated agents from one end of the map to the other except for one sleeper agent.. it was my turn and I activated my last agent for the win.. except the activated agent was a police officer and there was a capture opportunity.. does the game end as soon as the line of active agents are completed or do I have to capture with the now currently activated police officer thus breaking my line of active agents across France?

Interesting question! You make me realize that the Police rules seem a bit underspecified:

Quote:
When activated, kills opposing agents by jumping them like a draughtsman (multiple jumps allowed).

Does "like a draughtsman" imply that you must capture as many pieces as possible (as in most/all draughts games)? (E.g. if there are 2 different possible paths of jumps, one path capturing 2 pieces and another path capturing 3 pieces, must you capture the 3 pieces?)

Or just that capture is done by jumping, but you can choose how many you will capture (possibly even choosing to capture zero pieces)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
jaguitar7 wrote:

Interesting question! You make me realize that the Police rules seem a bit underspecified:

Quote:
When activated, kills opposing agents by jumping them like a draughtsman (multiple jumps allowed).

Does "like a draughtsman" imply that you must capture as many pieces as possible (as in most/all draughts games)? (E.g. if there are 2 different possible paths of jumps, one path capturing 2 pieces and another path capturing 3 pieces, must you capture the 3 pieces?)

Or just that capture is done by jumping, but you can choose how many you will capture (possibly even choosing to capture zero pieces)?

Good questions, all.
In general, all powers are intended to be mandatory, i.e. you must use them if you can. If you want to flip a piece without using its powers, there is a piece for that

As for the maximal captures ability, I think the police officer should continue to capture as long as possible. However, if there is a choice of paths, is NOT obliged to choose the path that leads to the most captures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
jaguitar7 wrote:
Also one other question.. the master of disguise copies the activation of an adjacent active agent and can also count toward victory conditions like scientist or militia. So in other words the master of disguise can do multiple things at once?? Be activated and act as an adjacent police officer jumping and capturing an enemy agent which in turn places it in a line of four scientists making it now 5 scientists for the win?? Do I have this right?

Yep, choose one activated ability when the piece is flipped (you can choose the ability of a neighbouring piece which would cause you to do nothing). The static win abilities while face up should be checked once all activations are complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.