Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does immunity clear off already present related conditions (e.g., poison)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kamen Hristov
Bulgaria
Rousse
Rousse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I did a search on this issue that my group recently stumbled upon by unlocking a new class, yet was unable to find an answer. As per Isaac, "If a figure is immune to a negative condition, they cannot be given that negative condition."

However, what happens if the negative condition is already applied at the time the figure gains said immunity? For example, my character is poisoned/wounded by a previous attack, then granted immunity by an ability/ally.

(i) Would the poison/wound be cleared off instantaneously; or (ii) would it continue to tick until rid off via the standard way (i.e. healing), whilst the immunity itself would only keep me from getting it again in the future? (iii) Or perhaps the condition would not get removed, but be rendered inactive (using the previous example, the poison I have would not increase the damage I take by attacks, yet would negate the next heal I receive)?

(iv) And how does immunity relate to pre-existing curse cards in your deck? Do you have to get the C cards out (and by doing so, reshuffle the deck), or do you just ignore them and draw a replacement, or consider the C card as a 0 modifier (if it happens that /iii/ above applies)?

Regards,
K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miranda Folland
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Does imminity clear off already present related conditions (e.g., poison)?
Koroniss wrote:
(iv) And how does immunity relate to pre-existing curse cards in your deck? Do you have to get the C cards out (and by doing so, reshuffle the deck), or do you just ignore them and draw a replacement, or consider the C card as a 0 modifier (if it happens that /iii/ above applies)?

I would assume that the preexisting curse cards act like a monster (boss) who is immune to curse. They are affected by curse cards already in the monster modifier deck normally but cannot be cursed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If a figure becomes immune to a condition, then that condition token is immediately removed. Remember, though, that the curse negative condition is only the act of putting a curse card into your deck. Being immune to curse does not make you immune to the effects of flipping over a curse card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I clicked on this link just to figure out what "imminity" was
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamen Hristov
Bulgaria
Rousse
Rousse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for your prompt reply, Isaac!

SaintHax wrote:
I clicked on this link just to figure out what "imminity" was

Thanks for pointing it out, I fixed it. Oh, it is called a typo, you're welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.