Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5m35s.

It's staggering how people can hold contradictory thoughts in their head at the same time and can't see the conflict. These are the people in ohio supporting president Trump. They are literally disconnected from reality.

And somehow we need to either out vote them or connect them to reality. And I really doubt we can connect them to reality.

It's a very grim situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
In a not unrelated vein: Clinton lost 42 of the 50 least educated counties in the U.S. and lost ground versus Obama in 47 of them.

Crappy copy of the data table:

Original story here:

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
First, it's shocking to me that nobody saw that gotcha coming. "They can't both be telling the truth" is the most obvious followup in the history of text.

Second, with the education thing, that's been a loooongstanding issue. That's why the conservative media outlets spend so much time denigrating 'pinhead ivory tower intellectuals".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What We Eventually Will Be Dealing With ... And No, It's NOT Hard To Believe, Either

maxo-texas wrote:
5m35s.

It's staggering how people can hold contradictory thoughts in their head at the same time and can't see the conflict. These are the people in ohio supporting president Trump. They are literally disconnected from reality.

Rather, they've *chosen* to indulge the alternate reality conjured up by Donald Trump and the Dominionists and adopt it as their own.

maxo-texas wrote:
And somehow we need to either out-vote them or connect them to reality.

It would have to be the latter.

maxo-texas wrote:
And I really doubt we can connect them to reality.

It's far grimmer than you can possibly imagine.

Essentially, what we're looking at is an attempted subversion of the U.S. Government by the Dominionist forces both in and without the Trump/Pence administration. After all, since Dominionist Vice President Mike Pence can no longer claim any plausible deniability of the Trump campaign's Russian connections, if Trump were to be impeached, then it's not going to be any better for Mike Pence, either. This naturally would decelerate the advance of the Dominionist religio-political agenda.

And to head that off from ever coming to pass, they're going to be pressuring Trump to sign more and more extremist Executive Orders. And before the Russian investigative probe ever comes to fruition, we're more likely to experience some sort of Reichstag Fire-like event in the nation's capital that will enable Trump to declare martial law and to suspend the Russian investigation.

If challenged further at that point, then Trump will call for the arrest of those who defy him in the name of "national security" especially during a time of national crisis. If challenged still further, then Trump will tweet out that there's a coupe d'tat in progress and calls upon the citizenry of the nation to come to the nation's capital to form a "prayer wall/shield" around the White House.

As of this writing, I believe that the probability of this happening is 75%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
People are usually reluctant to publicly blame someone they've supported or feel that they should support. You need to be aware of that, and you need to be aware that it's likely some of these people actually believe that Trump has lied. They just aren't willing to say so in front of TV cameras. Instead, they'll offer weak explanations and maybe even contradict themselves. Those contradictions could be the result of irrational thinking, but they could also be the result of inner turmoil, stage fright, or reluctance to "go on the record" in front of a national audience by calling the president a liar.

What they're willing to say publicly in front of cameras is less important than what they believe in private. We won't get to see what they're thinking directly, but approval ratings have been trending downward since Trump took office and have declined steadily since he fired Comey. Nearly 50% of voters chose Trump on election day, but he's now flirting with 35% approval. That's dismal for a president who's been in office less than six months. If it gets to 25% and stays there, that will mean that even Republicans are ambivalent about him and won't be upset to see him go.

You're not dealing with people who are impossible to convince. Just people who are reluctant to admit they made a mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

maxo-texas wrote:

Essentially, what we're looking at is an attempted subversion of the U.S. Government by the Dominionist forces both in and without the Trump/Pence administration. After all, since Dominionist Vice President Mike Pence can no longer claim any plausible deniability of the Trump campaign's Russian connections, if Trump were to be impeached, then it's not going to be any better for Mike Pence, either. This naturally would decelerate the advance of the Dominionist religio-political agenda.

And to head that off from ever coming to pass, they're going to be pressuring Trump to sign more and more extremist Executive Orders. And before the Russian investigative probe ever comes to fruition, we're more likely to experience some sort of Reichstag Fire-like event in the nation's capital that will enable Trump to declare martial law and to suspend the Russian investigation.

If challenged further at that point, then Trump will call for the arrest of those who defy him in the name of "national security" especially during a time of national crisis. If challenged still further, then Trump will tweet out that there's a coupe d'tat in progress and calls upon the citizenry of the nation to come to the nation's capital to form a "prayer wall/shield" around the White House.

I wish I could say you were crazy, as is a popular pastime here, but I've gotta say what chilled me to the bone was what came right after the segment Mac pointed to, with Trump speaking at an evangelical institution saying that "We are under siege."

There was always a niggling doubt that Trump would leave office peacefully, and it hasn't subsided one bit. With people whispering in his ear "You're the best, you're the only one for our country, and you have to do whatever it takes. You're so awesome", I don't think there's much Trump couldn't do.

It sounds outlandish, but every single time someone has said "Trump couldn't be so terrible, people couldn't possibly follow him after this," they have been dead wrong.

"We are under siege" is a common rhetorical device, but in this context, I don't like it. I wouldn't go to 75% like Shreve, but I do now think it's a non-zero chance, and that's scary enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
Trump's been about as bad as I expected and no worse. He's seemed clueless most of the time. He's been unable to accomplish anything. He's insulted our allies. He's stonewalled the Russia allegations. He's acted like he's winning when the scoreboard clearly says otherwise.

On the other hand...

He's seemed clueless most of the time. He's been unable to accomplish anything.

Being afraid that his type of president is a fuehrer in the making doesn't at all line up with his lack of ability and lack of accomplishment. And forget Mike Pence. He's a lightweight, too. If he's the leader of the alleged Dominionist movement due to his high office (and a number of former Vice-Presidents would question just how high the office of Vice-President really is) then I'm not concerned. Ted Cruz is a bulldog. Pence is a poodle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cognitive dissonance is pretty well researched and understood. It should come as no surprise. What should come as a surprise is your assumption that you do not do this yourself. You do, everyone does, and if you stop being vigilant for it -for example by believing you are too superior to suffer from cognitive dissonance- the worse it will hit you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
SPIGuy wrote:
Trump's been about as bad as I expected and no worse.

The fear about "[being] about as bad as expected" is that he hasn't been faced with the unexpected, anything that would truly challenge his power.

If he had shown a scrap of respect civil rights, the rule of law, or basic human decency, I would say "That's crazy talk", but the sad truth is he hasn't.

I'm not saying it's likely, but I can't say it's impossible.

Quote:

He's seemed clueless most of the time. He's been unable to accomplish anything.

Being afraid that his type of president is a fuehrer in the making doesn't at all line up with his lack of ability and lack of accomplishment.

Here's the thing, though, he wouldn't have to do much of anything other than get on Twitter and say "Patriots, they're trying to steal the country from us. We must fight!" If there's one thing he's good at, it's getting idiots to take his tweeted word as immutable truth.

I'm not saying that they would win, God-willing, but it could get very ugly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
5m35s.

And somehow we need to either out vote them or connect them to reality. And I really doubt we can connect them to reality.

There is a reason a life winds up where it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SPIGuy wrote:
People are usually reluctant to publicly blame someone they've supported or feel that they should support. You need to be aware of that, and you need to be aware that it's likely some of these people actually believe that Trump has lied. They just aren't willing to say so in front of TV cameras. Instead, they'll offer weak explanations and maybe even contradict themselves. Those contradictions could be the result of irrational thinking, but they could also be the result of inner turmoil, stage fright, or reluctance to "go on the record" in front of a national audience by calling the president a liar.

What they're willing to say publicly in front of cameras is less important than what they believe in private. We won't get to see what they're thinking directly, but approval ratings have been trending downward since Trump took office and have declined steadily since he fired Comey. Nearly 50% of voters chose Trump on election day, but he's now flirting with 35% approval. That's dismal for a president who's been in office less than six months. If it gets to 25% and stays there, that will mean that even Republicans are ambivalent about him and won't be upset to see him go.

You're not dealing with people who are impossible to convince. Just people who are reluctant to admit they made a mistake.

Honesty and humility are only for the strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venga2 wrote:
Cognitive dissonance is pretty well researched and understood. It should come as no surprise. What should come as a surprise is your assumption that you do not do this yourself. You do, everyone does, and if you stop being vigilant for it -for example by believing you are too superior to suffer from cognitive dissonance- the worse it will hit you.

Well put. We all deal with self-deception on various levels, on various subjects/aspects of our lives. Some have trained themselves to push that dial down on many or all, always being cognizant of the tendency, while others bask in the warm glow of ignorance.

And like a disease, even if you are on the ignorant side, the reality still applies to you, and there is nothing worse than the sling-shot effects of delayed action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Venga2 wrote:

Well put. We all deal with self-deception on various levels, on various subjects/aspects of our lives. Some have trained themselves to push that dial down on many or all, always being cognizant of the tendency.
I am not at all sure this is possible. You can be aware, but that awareness usually means you can catch your awkward reasoning after the fact. And then you still don't know what you missed. One simply cannot go around second guessing ones own thinking all of the time. Get's in the way of getting shit done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Venga2 wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
Venga2 wrote:

Well put. We all deal with self-deception on various levels, on various subjects/aspects of our lives. Some have trained themselves to push that dial down on many or all, always being cognizant of the tendency.
I am not at all sure this is possible. You can be aware, but that awareness usually means you can catch your awkward reasoning after the fact. And then you still don't know what you missed. One simply cannot go around second guessing ones own thinking all of the time. Get's in the way of getting shit done.

I agree with not second guessing everything, but if one irons out the self-deception on a decision process (pattern), one can have a higher level of certainty that said process has been "cleaned" - and I don't want to confuse this concept with the Scientology BS.

I also believe that like any skill, humans can learn to reduce the time gap between unexamined thought and action, by getting better at the analysis and detection of self-deception. Like any action, self-deception has it's tells. That is why those that are deeply deluded know they are deluding themselves, because this action has side-effects - for example those that run to rote, repetitive reasoning for their actions "Well, its just how I am" or "It is what I was taught" or "That is just what I believe"... are all indicators that the process of non-examination has taken place - like a short-circuit. Being able to detect those tells is a part of the refinement process.

So, when these tells are detected, that is a good sign that you aren't being completely honest. For example, detectives and interrogators have a pretty easy job at determining when a suspect is lying to them, because of these outward tells. I posit that there are internal tells, detectable by the person performing the delusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
SPIGuy wrote:
Just people who are reluctant to admit they made a mistake.

The Kickstarter Effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't watch the vid till now. The first question to Mr. Beard and fro... when he answered the ? if he thinks Comey lied, Mr. Fro blinks, looks away, and mutters "Yep, yep". Sure tell of words that don't match with the truth... ie, he is lyin'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooh... da' media did it.

This panel doin a shout out to RSPers of long ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SPIGuy wrote:

No, some 25-30% of voters would fall under the category of People Who Are Impossible To Convince, and quite frankly, Trump is comfortable retaining that 25-30% of voters (his bonafide base) because his Dominionist handlers have convinced him that he can still maintain control of the nation with a power base of that size.

That power base is comprised primarily of hard-right Evangelical Christians, Christian Supremacists, Dominionists, hard-right Republicans, neo-Confederate Republicans, racists, Alt-Righters, white nationalists, and militia groups.

For the Dominionists, it's a do or die proposition, because they believe that they absolutely must maintain control in order to advance and realize their End-Times agenda (whose religio-political goals include outlawing both homosexuality and abortion). So, no, these folks certainly won't admit that they made a mistake, because they believe they're on a mission from God.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does anyone care what a diehard Trump supporter thinks? Those votes are never, ever going to go to Democrats. There are lots of middle of the road voters that merely voted for him because it was not Hillary. Those are the people that matter and they are why his approval rating has sunk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
Why does anyone care what a diehard Trump supporter thinks? Those votes are never, ever going to go to Democrats. There are lots of middle of the road voters that merely voted for him because it was not Hillary. Those are the people that matter and they are why his approval rating has sunk.

Laughs, perhaps the undying hope that even the most die-hard Trump fan can ultimately come to see the light, and reality that is Donald J. Trump. It's kind of like that Christian Leap of Faith. One hopes, never really knowing if it will come to pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What We're Actually Dealing With: A Great Wall Of Dominionists Protecting Donald Trump

toku42 wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

I wish I could say you were crazy, as is a popular pastime here, but I've gotta say what chilled me to the bone was what came right after the segment Mac pointed to, with Trump speaking at an evangelical institution saying that "We are under siege."

There was always a niggling doubt that Trump would leave office peacefully, and it hasn't subsided one bit. With people whispering in his ear "You're the best, you're the only one for our country, and you have to do whatever it takes. You're so awesome", I don't think there's much Trump couldn't do.

It sounds outlandish, but every single time someone has said "Trump couldn't be so terrible, people couldn't possibly follow him after this," they have been dead wrong.

"We are under siege" is a common rhetorical device, but in this context, I don't like it. I wouldn't go to 75% like Shreve, but I do now think it's a non-zero chance, and that's scary enough.

It's apparent that you don't realize the die-hard fanaticism of the Dominionist folks. Here's a recent sampling of what many prominent Dominionist leaders are already saying.

> Excerpts from the May 22, 2017 Right Wing Watch news story by Kyle Mantyla entitled:

Rick Joyner of MorningStar Ministries Declares: "Martial Law Must Be Declared If Trump Is Forced From Office"

Right-wing pastor Rick Joyner posted a video on his Facebook page on Friday saying that President Trump’s critics are engaging in sedition and declaring that if he is removed from office, martial law will need to be declared.

Insisting again that all of the controversies surrounding the current administration are part of God’s plan to identify and destroy Trump’s enemies because the president “has divine protection,” Joyner warned that America is headed for martial law.

“One day, I have no doubt whatsoever, we’re going to be under martial law in America,” he said. However, Joyner insisted that martial law will actually be a good thing because “it’s going to take that to get this train back on the rails.”

Rick Joyner wrote:

If the Left [is] able to overthrow a legally-elected President, it would be unbelievable, I think, what would happen in America. I think martial law would have to step in … Like it or not, he was constitutionally elected and those who are trying to overthrow his presidency by all of these devices and lies that they’re putting out — the media and everyone — this is sedition!

> Excerpts from the May 30, 2017 Right Wing Watch news story by Brian Tashman entitled:

Pat Robertson Declares: "God Put Donald Trump In The White House"

Today on “The 700 Club,” Pat Robertson urged viewers to pray for Donald Trump because “there is a spiritual battle against our President.”

“He’s God’s man for this job,” Robertson said, thanking the President for taking “steps that please most evangelicals.”

God, he continued, put Trump “in this office.”

The televangelist made the remarks while discussing a recent event at the Trump International Hotel, where people gathered to pray for the President, including one person who claimed to have had a prophetic dream about Trump’s hair.

> Excerpts from the May 31, 2017 Right Wing Watch news story by Kyle Mantyla entitled:

Right-Wing Televangelist James Robison Declares: "Donald Trump Has The Potential To Become One Of The Greatest Miracles The World Has Ever Seen"

Right-wing televangelist James Robison, who has been a key spiritual advisor to Donald Trump, spoke at the Family Research Council’s “Watchmen on the Wall” conference last week, where he declared that Trump has the potential “to become one of the greatest miracles the world has ever seen.” In Trump, Robison said, people can see “glimpses of the Father” and signs of God’s love for humanity.

Robison said that Trump is “captivated” by Jesus, adding that in all his years of ministry, he has “have never been more openly received, I have never sown a seed faithfully, forcefully on more fertile ground” than with Trump.

James Robison wrote:

In 55 years of public ministry, I have never been received with more graciousness, gratitude, sincere appreciation and genuine meekness. The morning after the State of the Union address, I called him and I said, "Sir, last night, we not only saw what your children say a good father is, we saw the Father [in Heaven]. Several times we got glimpses of the Father … When you looked up at that widow and you loved her and you thanked her, the compassion of a loving, heavenly Father flowed through you, Sir.”

Robison said that he told Trump that “if you are receiving Jesus like you have received me, you are going to become one of the greatest miracles the world has ever seen.”

> Excerpts from the June 2, 2017 Right Wing Watch news story by Kyle Mantyla entitled:

Lance Wallnau Declares: "God Is Behind Trump’s Tweets And Ignorance Of World Events"

Recently, Donald Trump–loving right-wing preacher Lance Wallnau regaled participants on the Elijah List “Kingdom Power and Wealth” cruise with stories of his connection to and prophecies about President Trump, during which he declared that Trump’s incessant use of Twitter and ignorance about global events is actually the work of God.

“That same unpredictable, erratic Twitter twitch that he has is in the hand of the Lord,” Wallnau said, asserting that Trump’s tweets about China forced Chinese president Xi Jinping to come to America “to try to just get a handle on him because he’s tweeting these crazy tweets.”

That meeting was fortuitous, he explained, because it happened just as Trump ordered airstrikes on Syria for its use of chemical weapons against civilians.

Wallnau said that “it was the hand of the Lord” that Trump bombed Syria while President Xi was visiting because that move showed China that it must take steps to rein in North Korea.

On top of that, Wallnau celebrated Trump’s ignorance about world events, saying that he doesn’t have to understand these sorts of issues because “when you are anointed [by God], you can get away with a lot of things.”

Lance Wallnau wrote:

There is a certain genius in the fact that the President of China had to explain to Trump the complex history between his country and North Korea. It was a good thing because it makes the Chinese president realize that "I have some influence with [Trump]. Let’s do what we can do, I don’t want to screw up this relationship.”

That is a very powerful position to have because now the President of China believes that he has a connection with the President of the United States, who basically is an inexperienced politician with a sense of righteousness and a very clear agenda. He’s going to have to work with him as opposed to play chess with him and piss him off, which is what China did with Obama and Bush and everybody else.

“God’s changed the game,” Wallnau declared, as he and the audience began speaking in tongues.

> Excerpts from the June 6, 2017 Right Wing Watch news story by Kyle Mantyla entitled:

Rick Joyner of MorningStar Ministries Declares: "Treason Charges Are Coming Against Those Who Try To Overthrow Trump"

Right-wing pastor Rick Joyner posted a video on his Facebook page yesterday in which he told viewers to get ready to see a stream of “Deep State” operatives and Obama administration officials charged with treason for attempting to “overthrow” President Trump by leaking classified information.

After bizarrely claiming that nobody wants to have anything to do with former FBI Director James Comey because “his integrity really has been challenged,” Joyner predicted that it will soon be revealed that “so much really bad stuff has happened” that people will have to be charged with treason.

Rick Joyner wrote:

I think we’re just touching the tip of the iceberg. There is so much yet to be exposed. I think that we’re going to see there were some things that some people [did who] are going to be indicted for treason. We’re going to see a lot of people indicted for releasing classified information to the media. That’s a serious crime and many do say boldly right now, "That is treason to do that.”

To try to overthrow a duly elected President is treason. I think you’re going to see that term being used more and more. We’ve got to get used to it. There is some really bad stuff going on in our deep state and going on, I think, in the last administration that is going to be manifested. Just get ready.

> Excerpts from the June 8, 2017 Right Wing Watch news story by Brian Tashman entitled:

Pro-Trump Activist Mark Taylor Declares: "This Is Not Trump’s Agenda. This Is Heaven’s Agenda"

On Monday, televangelist Jim Bakker hosted pro-Trump activists Mark Taylor and Mary Colbert, who insisted that critics of President Trump are doomed to fail because God is on his side.

Colbert said that God had given her a reassuring message in response to the concerns some of her fellow Christians have about Trump:

Mary Colbert wrote:

You just watch the Red Sea part. This is what the Lord literally showed me. It’s like the church behaves just like the Israelis did. God parted the Red Sea and you get to the other side and you start going, "Oh Lord, are we going to be destroyed? He put us in the desert to kill us. What’s going to happen?" I’m gonna tell you what’s gonna happen. You’re gonna watch the waves crash in on your enemy.

Later, Taylor said that God revealed to him that He is working through the President:

Mark Taylor wrote:

Even Christians are still fighting what this man’s doing. They don’t understand. This is not Trump’s agenda. This is Heaven’s agenda that is being implemented through Donald Trump.

> Excerpts from the June 1, 2017 Right Wing Watch news story by Kyle Mantyla entitled:

Lance Wallnau Declares: "God Put A Pause Button On The Destruction Of America’ With Trump’s Election"

Last night, Donald Trump–loving right-wing preacher Lance Wallnau posted a video on his Facebook page in which he declared that God used Trump’s election to “disrupt” the demonic principalities that control “the global world order” and halt the imminent destruction of America.

Lance Wallnau wrote:

God wants to restore the boundaries of nations and strengthen the church. We’re literally at a time where God said, "The church isn’t ready yet" and, boom!, [God] hit the clock and stopped [the countdown to destruction]. Trump’s election was what you would call a disruption of the global world order — I’m talking European principalities and powers all the way through the Middle East, all the way to China, at every level of Second Heaven where Satan has a hierarchy, Trump literally became the world event that interrupted principalities.

You need to understand that God put a pause button on the destruction of America with Trump’s election. God wants us to be able to engage the navigation over this nation and it’s beginning now. I believe within the next 12 to 16 months, we’re going to see this midterm election thing, it’s going to be a crescendo. By the time that that election happens, the people of God are going to be in their reorganized units, tribes and alignments because America needs to church to be awake. That’s what shifted the election and that’s what’s going to shift our course for the future.

> Excerpts from the June 9, 2017 Right Wing Watch news story by Kyle Mantyla entitled:

Rick Joyner of MorningStar Ministries Declares: "There Is Divine Favor And Divine Protection On Trump"

Right-wing pastor Rick Joyner posted a video on his Facebook page today in which he declared that President Trump is a lot like Abraham Lincoln in that he is despised by many while in office but will ultimately be hailed as one of the greatest Presidents ever.

Joyner asserted that Trump’s election “was totally, without question, a God thing and that explains why in every situation [where] everybody thinks this is going to do him in, he ends up coming out looking better than ever, he wins every time.”

Rick Joyner wrote:

I think there is divine favor, divine protection [on Trump] because of his destiny and purpose in helping get our republic back on the tracks.

Joyner then likened Trump to Lincoln, who he said was able to save the union despite relentless attacks and was eventually recognized for his greatness.

Americans, Joyner said, “did not realize all that [Lincoln] had accomplished until he was gone and no longer a threat, and I think it is going to be that way with Trump.”

Joyner went on to assert that most people who meet Trump really like him, except for those, like former FBI director James Comey, who have something terrible to hide.

Rick Joyner wrote:

Comey is hiding a lot. I think those who are intimidated by [Trump] know he is uncompromising, he’s going to get to the bottom of issues and I do think that the extreme behavior of the liberals and the Democrats and the many people within the deep state and the Obama administration people, many of which are still in positions, I think they’re threatened. I think they’re hiding something so big, so damaging, they’re just doing everything they can to thwart Trump and throw the whole nation off of looking, examining what went on with the Obama administration. That’s the only thing that can explain such extreme behavior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
SPIGuy wrote:

No, some 25-30% of voters would fall under the category of People Who Are Impossible To Convince, and quite frankly, Trump is comfortable retaining that 25-30% of voters (his bonafide base) because his Dominionist handlers have convinced him that he can still maintain control of the nation with a power base of that size.

That power base is comprised primarily of hard-right Evangelical Christians, Christian Supremacists, Dominionists, hard-right Republicans, neo-Confederate Republicans, racists, Alt-Righters, white nationalists, and militia groups.

For the Dominionists, it's a do or die proposition, because they believe that they absolutely must maintain control in order to advance and realize their End-Times agenda (whose religio-political goals include outlawing both homosexuality and abortion). So, no, these folks certainly won't admit that they made a mistake, because they believe they're on a mission from God.

I'm inclined to agree that 25-30% of voters fall under the category of People Who Are Impossible to Convince (although it's probably not this high, it might be close). However...

They're split rather evenly between the two sides of this issue. Just as there are some impossible-to-convince Trumpers, there are also some impossible-to-convince anti-Trumpers. 25-30% of the U.S. population is not made up of "hard-right Evangelical Christians, Christian Supremacists, Dominionists, hard-right Republicans, neo-Confederate Republicans, racists, Alt-Righters, white nationalists, and militia groups." It's considerably less than that. If you want to keep pitching this nonsense then please provide some numbers to back it up rather than just pretty pictures and the usual cut-and-past from Right Wing Watch.

And Mike Pence is still a poodle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SPIGuy wrote:

So he's on the same track as Bill Clinton was on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
costguy wrote:
SPIGuy wrote:

So he's on the same track as Bill Clinton was on?

LOL. I still say we'd've been better off naming Bill Clinton President for Life and skipping the last five elections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.