Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason's Good Twin
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I just learned that there are corrections on the season 2 punchboards. However, maybe that is not correct from the Kickstarter comments. If there is errata, what is it? I did not back the season 2 punchcards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtabler wrote:
I just learned that there are corrections on the season 2 punchboards. However, maybe that is not correct from the Kickstarter comments. If there is errata, what is it? I did not back the season 2 punchcards.
You can find the updated faction boards here: https://petersengames.com/download/errata-faction-cards/
It's stuff like Cthulhu getting an elder sign when getting the spell book in the first doom phase. Cthulhu, Black Goat, Wind Walker, and Opener are affected.

Everybody is getting the updated faction boards in card stock, but the punch board was an extra $10 for all of them, not just the updated ones (excluding Tcho-Tcho since that ones in their faction box)

If you want it I'd contact PG, they won't be selling them via retail, but will probably have some extra to sell via their webstore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused on the status of Eratta/Game balance changes and the OS2 Punchboards / Cardstock.

Is all the OS2 stuff updated and current (Punchboards and cardstock)?
I appear to have also received some extra spells, which I assumed were eratta or updates, but they appeared identical to what I had in my CW box (which I got back when OS2 funded).

Is there a comprehensive listing somewhere on what components I should be using, and/or what needs corrections?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The spellbooks for Indie GOOs are unchanged, but were part of the same punchboard sheet as the Loyalty Cards, and so were free.

The faction spellbooks do actually have (mostly minor) changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm annoyed that the successive faction sheets and spellbooks don't have a version number on them. A discreet version number in a corner would have done the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally did an inventory on my OS2. I had 4 new faction boards. Should I have 8?

Thanks for any insight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those 4 are from the errata pack, and are made of cardstock. If you got the Tcho-Tcho, then you should have both a cardstock and a punchboard (aka cardboard) version of that one.

The other 7 punchboard (not cardstock) faction sheets were a $10 add-on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking right now at a web store and they are selling the upgraded and errata'd material at a premium price.

I think I am going to print the errata in stick paper and glue it in the material I have.

It is not practical to print because I would have some printed and some on punchboard (or different paper altogether).

And the spellbooks would not work printed anyway.

I sure hope they offer the new versions on the next kickstarter again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Urhixidur wrote:
I'm annoyed that the successive faction sheets and spellbooks don't have a version number on them. A discreet version number in a corner would have done the trick.

I thought the same thing last night as I popped a new spellbook card and had a senior moment when I had both of them in my hands.

The new spellbooks have a light (not sure how to describe this) 'glow' around the text. The background of the original cards is all the same tonal colour.

The original faction cards (punch boards and card stock) have a black border, the new ones don't. The colour goes right to the edge.

I hope that helps.

Something I would like to know is if there is any difference between the OS1 and OS2 punch boards, text-wise. I know the OS1 boards had some changes that the cardstock ones didn't, but not sure about OS2 compared to OS1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OS2 Opener and Windwalker Punchboards do in fact have slightly different text from OS1. Black Goat and Cthulhu also have errata, but that same errata made it into the OS1 punchboards (IIRC).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
OS2 Opener and Windwalker Punchboards do in fact have slightly different text from OS1. Black Goat and Cthulhu also have errata, but that same errata made it into the OS1 punchboards (IIRC).

Hm.. I did not realize that. So I just need to get the spellbooks and Opener and WW... Good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any errata'd spellbooks should be in the errata pack that I'm assuming you received.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
Any errata'd spellbooks should be in the errata pack that I'm assuming you received.

I could not participate on OS2, I did not receive the errata stuff. But I did receive the punchboards from the first kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:

Thanks Adam, that's very helpful. Nice to know I'll have a few spares. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason's Good Twin
United States
New Cumberland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I definitely need to try to get that $10 upgrade, I have half and half now with the errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kryzch
United States
La Crosse
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dang it, somehow I missed the punch board add on as well... I did not see that add on, for some reason I thought they were included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have a first edition copy... can I not play it because of balance issues?

Do I really need to go out of my way and print stuff off the internet for this 200 dollar game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nofunatalll wrote:
So I have a first edition copy... can I not play it because of balance issues?

Do I really need to go out of my way and print stuff off the internet for this 200 dollar game?

You can play it just fine.

But I would print it anyway, as it is not that much stuff.

Think about it like that: most games can improve after launch. More testing, more players scrutinizing the game. This is true for most if not all asymmetric games with a bunch of abilities or cards.

Not all developers go to the extra work to constant refine and update the game. Petersen Games is not fixing something unplayable, they are trying to guarantee that you have the most balanced and tested experience possible. 90% of the games on my shelf could use an update or two - even excellent ones, that's why you constantly see minor revisions in second editions or expansions that "fix" the gameplay.

Errata's happening all the time and what you get from most companies is a text file and not the opportunity to print and update the components.

Your 200 dollar game also bought you an above par support for the gameplay. You can use it or not. Your call.

Hell, Zombicide Black Plague has a rule that does not work (cabal) and CMON doesn't even acknowledges it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
John Coltrane: My Favorite Things // Jackie Mclean: Swing Swang Swingin' // Clifford Jordan: Cliff Craft // Sam Rivers: Fuchsia Swing Song
mbmbmbmbmb
I follow your assesment, one thing that does bother me though is that if. A choose to print the errata stuff I'll have cardboard plaques mixed with regular paper and that's just no fun...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nofunatalll wrote:
I follow your assesment, one thing that does bother me though is that if. A choose to print the errata stuff I'll have cardboard plaques mixed with regular paper and that's just no fun...

I feel your pain there, because I am in the same boat. Due to bling purposes I will buy the updates on the kickstarter.

That said, although it requires courage, printing it in adhesive paper an placing on the components works. If you are crafted enough it can be very discrete. If you are not... Well... soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
NoFunAtAll
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I just play it as is, would that be an issue though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nofunatalll wrote:
If I just play it as is, would that be an issue though?

Well, I played for a long time without the changes and it was fine. You could also print the errata and give it to the players before game start. It really isn't that much stuff.

That´s how I play now. If you do chose to ignore the changes, you can still play the game fine, but the changes make the game better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the core-game errata isn't that big a deal, and you'll be fine without it. Where it actually comes into play more is with the expansions, which jostled the table enough that Great Cthulhu and Black Goat got a couple minor bumps.

The one caveat is a couple of Yellow Sign's Spellbooks: The Screaming Dead and He Who Must Not Be Named. Both of those include a 2nd action, and it's not clear from the 1st printing that that 2nd action is in fact optional. But that's not worth printing anything out over, you just remind the Yellow Sign player that they can skip the 2nd action, and they tend not to forget
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.