Lords of Hellas» Forums » General

Subject: Downtime for this game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still waiting for the pnp map to be upload to try it before I pledge.

After reading the rules,I feel that there will be some downtime between players. Just my thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get the feeling that it would be any more than any other area control game. It's what, 3 actions? I guess that's a bit more to consider on your turn than something like, say Blood Rage. I'm pretty sure I won't wan to play the game 5 player, but I'm not overly concerned. The main thing that draws out games like this is combat, and combat seems pretty swift here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Tlusty
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I've only seen one playthrough, and I share a similar concern. You will always have multiple hoplites with multiple area spaces to move, a hero with multiple area spaces to move, and then 7 special actions to pick from. I can see some serious AP with that especially once the board gets congested and it's changing every time someone takes their turn, so you can't really plan ahead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I dont think this game will suffer too much from AP due to the fact that you cant use all your Special Actions all the time.

Aka Usurp is a Special action that will rarely be used as you wont have the token to use it.

Hunting monsters wont be too common as you need to build up your hand.

etc etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Tlusty
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
You'll also have to keep track of every win condition to see if your opponents are about to win on top of figuring out what your path is going to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
When watching The Beasts of War channel go through their gameplay of this I notice that what drug this game to an absolute HALT is the drafting mechanic right in the middle of the game (about three or four times) when certain temples are brought into play. Players will take the number of cards equal to the number of players plus one, read them each, and decide which one they want to take. Analysis paralysis with all players screeches this to a halt...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terraforming Mars has drafting every round, reading the 4, then 3, then 2 cards, choosing which to take for your strategy. You typically have 8+ rounds a game. This doesn't feel like a drag. It's great fun. If lords has some mid game drafting I can't see it being a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.