Johannes Hihn
Germany
Walddorfhäslach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!

seems like there hasn't been much going on in the Scandaroon forums over the last couple of years. Let's change that

I just got a copy of this game recently and honestly, I'm really looking forward to bringing this to the table soon. However, I have a question regarding the +1/[SUIT] card effect because it seems like the German rules say something different about it than the english rules.

The english rules say: "This cards current value is +1 for each card of its suit in play, including itself."

That would mean that only the value of the +1/[SUIT] card is increased by its effect.

The german rules say: "Diese Karte erhöht den aktuellen Wert ALLER IM SPIEL BEFINDLICHEN KARTEN DESSELBEN SYMBOLS UM +1, auch ihren eigenen.

That means that the +1/[SUIT] card effect increases the value of ALL cards in play of that suit by the number of cards of that suit.

What is correct? I assume that the english rules are correct and that this is just something that has been translated incorrectly. Beside that it seems to me that there wouldn't even be enough white cubes in the game if the german translation would be right.

Another small question I have is regarding the colored discs. What is their purpose? Do you keep score with them during a round? I assume so but the rules don't say anything about their usage during the game

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
These cards only affect themselves; they do NOT affect any other card.

Playing the 1/Cross card with no other crosses in play would make it value 1. As soon as another Cross comes in to play, the 1/cross card is now value 2 etc.

How surreal to see someone giving a hoot after all this time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
The discs are used on the main score board to track your current score in the round; they are removed at the end of the Round after scoring. The white disc is used to track the 'biggest score in a round' in the game so far (one of the awards at the end).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Hihn
Germany
Walddorfhäslach
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that was fast, thanks a lot!

It's always cool and extremely helpful if the designer is an active user here on the Geek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
jhNz wrote:
Wow that was fast, thanks a lot!

It's always cool and extremely helpful if the designer is an active user here on the Geek

TBH I am surprised I can remember anything about it!

(cue Rambo-like traumatic flashback sequence)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.