Popular Tags: [View All]
Magic Erwt
Belgium
Nieuwerkerken
flag msg tools
badge
Don't touch me, but please Do!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played scenario 3a last week and the following situation occured.

Scenario 1: Simma does Banish 4
All enemies are affected at the same time, so it seems logic to resolve the top row first…

1. Third row
Nest
Push against wall / from map
QUESTION 1a: Is the white/gray border considered to be a wall or can the nest be pushed over the edge and from the map?
QUESTION 1b: Can I choose to push it to the left and of the map there (in case the rubble does not cause failure event)?

Guards
QUESTION 2: Not sure if the Guards can be pushed away cause of the red square in between?

2. Second row
Chi'leen
Just pushed back, I guess I handled this correct.

3. First row
Chi’leen
QUESTION 3: Can I choose to bang it against the wall? Or will it go automatically to the right in between the two red squares and then stop when reaching the top Chi’leen or a rubble failure or moved four squares?

QUESTION 4: Is the portcullis also effected by the Blow?

Scenario 2: The Chi’leen attacks
QUESTION 5: I had read somewhere (can’t recall where) that ‘Some’ enemies can attack through portcullis… If this is correct, can you explain this rule further? So for this example, can the Chi’leen attack Simma?
QUESTION 6: If he can. Will he give priority to brake Portcullis or to attack Simma?

Thanks in advance for clearing these things up.
Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a tread you can find interesting: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1679886/simmas-banish

1a) grey border is considered to be a wall so you can smash the units against it and so it is not possible to push enemies out of the map

1b) if difficult terrain does not stop the pushed figure, you can push it furter even if the difficult terrain penalty applies (water for example). Keep in mind though, that the red 4 on the cards means the limit is 4 and you can only push the monsters to range 4 from you, not from their starting position.

2) the guard behind the column will not be affected as he is protected by the wall, but the guard on the left will be affected as you can draw a direct line from the center of the origin square to the guard. The origin square is the top of the highlighted pyramid not the square Simma stands on.

3) You resolve it just like the big enemy movement - you squeeze the monster to single square and move it to directly away from you. It smashes the column immediately, which means it looses one hit point and stops the movement. You then expand it from the square as you like

4) No. The bash starts at origin square and then continues away from Simma. If you were one space souther, then it would be part of the affected area, but the portcullis does not qualify as "enemy" and therefore it would not be affected anyway.

5) portcullis blocks movement but not line of sight, so you can shoot through them and even melée attack things on the other side if you are within range 1 of your target.

6) his main priority is the hero and he only attacks other objects (such doors or portcullisses) if he does not have anything better to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW: really well prepared questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Erwt
Belgium
Nieuwerkerken
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarrifications.

I also read the thread and realised the Chi'leen can't be moved by the Banish spell since it's LARGE. (Banish is Push + Push only works against equal size)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Erwt
Belgium
Nieuwerkerken
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow up question on (5)

Does attack through Portcullis always requires range 1?

Two variations:
5a. Simma is standing one square to the South. Can he attack the Chi'leen thats standing just behind the Portcullis?
5b. Same situation. Can the Chi'leen also attack Simma?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi sorry, only large figure can push other large figure. There is some combo, that can achieve that for Simma, but I suppose this is not the case in our example.

If Simma does not stay right at the portcullis, he would be in range 2 from the chi'leen. In that case he could shoot through the portcullis or use a weapon with reach to melée attack.

Chileen can attack through portcullis if there is a hero in range 1. If Simma were in range 2, he would be out of the attack range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Erwt
Belgium
Nieuwerkerken
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds strange to me, cause the Chi'leen has range 1-2. But I can imagine it's just to hard for it to reach a target through the small spaces in the Portcullis.

At the other hand. I would think a Guard perfectly can fire a dart at Simma at range 3 through the portcullis. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
magic_erwt wrote:
Sounds strange to me, cause the Chi'leen has range 1-2. But I can imagine it's just to hard for it to reach a target through the small spaces in the Portcullis.

At the other hand. I would think a Guard perfectly can fire a dart at Simma at range 3 through the portcullis. Is this correct?

Portcullis is not blocking your LoS. That is stated in the rulebook.
So you shouldn't be impeded by it. I'm not 100% sure why David said that Chi'leen wouldn't be able to attack to Range 2 through portcullis. It should be able to do so. Portcullis stops movement, but doesn't prevent attacks through it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Erwt
Belgium
Nieuwerkerken
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only 5 hours between posting and getting all the answers. That's just amazing! It is great to see and experience how supportive and involving you game creators are.

A big thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They'll have to wait for me. As I haven't yet started to play seriously due to time restricts. It will probably be twice the work with you as I am not sure I could get the summary as good as yours

But yes, it's on the rare <5 % of the cases where you have such brilliant support. Too bad that this game is way underrated whilst other mass similar chunky dice rollers are having more success.

If I get the opportunity I always try to add value to it whenever a dungeon crawler post in the Facebook groups appears or someone is asking for a recommendation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot the chileen has range 2. So yes, he would be able to attack as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
I forgot the chileen has range 2. So yes, he would be able to attack as well.

So then we're in agreement Good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N/A N/A
msg tools
Hi
Regarding:
"2) [....] a direct line from the center of the origin square to the guard. The origin square is the top of the highlighted pyramid not the square Simma stands on.
"

In the rules on "Cone Attack" it says on pg 24, that:
"Line Of Sight is drawn from the attacker, unless you chose an adjacent slit as the starting square". I am reading that as the LoS start at Simma and not at the top of the pyramid in this case.

When I play this scenario I usually get the portcullis broken by the Chi'leens attacking them long before I ever come into that room (ref. end of page 28).

Medhu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John G
msg tools
I agree with Medhu here. The rules on p. 24 state that "LoS is drawn from the attacker, unless you chose an adjacent slit as the starting square." I believe LoS is drawn from the center of the square with Simma in this instance.

Also, I don't see how either of the guards would be pushed in this instance. There are two columns so LoS should be blocked by both. It seems like only the Nest is pushed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.