Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
hi, i have 2 questions on team play.
If i play team, say:

Team 1 and team 2 are human,
Team 3 and team 4 are evil.

Question 1:
and say team 1 controls half the territories of a Gondor and the other half of the territories are controlled by team 2. at the beginning turn of team 1, can i say team 1 control the region Gondor? so does team 1 gets the reward of controlling the region? and vice versa for team 2.

Question 2:
If question 1 is a no, then team 1 has to attack team 2 for the other half of the territories for the region? or is there another way in which team 2 can give team 1 the region? since they are a team, attacking each other doesn't seem to make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re:Team play question
facs (#28144),First off, let's call them Player 1 & P.2 of Team 1, and Player 3 & P.4 of Team 2. This should help clear some things up. From what I've read in the 'Team' Players Rules, you are NOT allowed to EVER attack another Team-mate. You can 'exchange' territories amongst Team Players, as mutually agreed upon by both parties. This is done during 'redeployment'. There is also a note that each Team(of Both Players) moves during the same time, so that either both EVIL or GOOD players are conducting their turns at the same moment. I hope this answers both your questions.
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Chan
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
GROGnads wrote:
facs (#28144),First off, let's call them Player 1 & P.2 of Team 1, and Player 3 & P.4 of Team 2. This should help clear some things up. From what I've read in the 'Team' Players Rules, you are NOT allowed to EVER attack another Team-mate. You can 'exchange' territories amongst Team Players, as mutually agreed upon by both parties. This is done during 'redeployment'. There is also a note that each Team(of Both Players) moves during the same time, so that either both EVIL or GOOD players are conducting their turns at the same moment. I hope this answers both your questions.
cool

question 1
Ok.. so during redeployment, say, player 1 wants a territory from player 2 (where player 1 and player 2 are team 1 and player 2 allow player 1 to take territory). and say the land player 1 wanted only has one player 2's bataillon.

How can player 1 exchange that territory with player 2? Do player 1 use one or more of his bataillons and move there as of moving your bataillon in the Fortify your position phase(step 3 in the manual)? What happens do player 2's bataillon?
or
Just exchange a batailon from player 1's territory to player 2's territory regardness if they are ajacent to each other or not connected at all?

question 2
When you said team( p1 and p2 ) move at the same time. In one turn, p1 can use p2's bataillons to attack?
or you meant by there are 4 turns. 1st turn is p1's turn and following p1's turn, it has to be p2's turn? since P1 and p2 are in the same team.

eg: cannot go like p1's turn, p3's turn, p2's turn, p4's turn? (p1 and p2: team1, p3 and p4: team2)

thanks for you answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
facs (#28221),
Yes, you CAN swap non-adjacent territories, as long as a 'path' of the Team's-(either player)territories of the respective players will lead to the ones being 'swapped'. This can involve as little as (1) or more 'Battalions', that is if P.1 had several 'Btns.' & P.2 had just one, or even more than that, they'd 'swap' with each other, as mutually agreed upon by both. This could allow for one or both to obtain claims on Regions, where permissable.

As for the 2nd question, the 'Team' is conducting their Turn together, not one after the other, but at the same time. You'll have to 'negoitate' between the 2-(same)-Team players just who gets to make an attack where, but that's just a part of the FUN of being on a Team. Each Player will control ONLY their own forces. Anything one or the other wishes their 'partner' to accomplish, has to be worked out in advance. ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
GROGnads (#28257),
There are additional Rules to play it this way as well: You are allowed to 'transfer' units to your 'Ally'-Team Player, but there is a cost for doing this-For every 2 units you send, only 1 is received by the 'Ally'. That means, the minimum you can send is 2 = 1. Also, 'odd' amounts(like 5) can't be sent but you could end UP with an 'odd' number(6=3). As before, this is done during 'Redeployment' & they don't have to be near each other, but a 'path' of friendly territories has to be traced from the 'transfering' areas.

For the 'Turn' order, you can have one member from each Team roll a DIE to see which Team goes 1st. Then decide which of the Team's member will go 1st for that Team. Then after a Team member goes, a member of the OTHER Team will take a Turn, and this goes back & forth until ALL players have taken a Turn. You will then follow this same sequence with the same players going in the same order for the duration of the game.

As for my own games, but NOT in 'Team' play, I like to have EACH player roll a DIE at the start of EVERY Turn, to see who's going to go first and then go from the highest DIE roll to the lowest. In the case of 'TIES', then play proceeds until the 'TIED' players are about to take their turns, THEN they re-roll to see who goes. This really makes it more dramatic, since neither 'Tied' player will KNOW just which one of them is going yet. Try these ALL if you like, or maybe just some of them at one time, and then in later games, try another. Be sure ALL players agree on ANY of these before play commences. I'd suggest writing down what is going to be used and have it explained thoroughly before commencing play. Just be sure to have FUN!...K?:0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Zamora
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
the 'Team' is conducting their Turn together, not one after the other, but at the same time

Sure?
In TEAM Risk for 4 players pag 19 of the Trilogy Rules says:
Gameplay for Team RISK is the same as the 4 to 4-Player individual game with the following exceptions:
In this game, players do not win individually, but instead win as a team. Players, althought on the same team, play separately. They cannot give each others territories, fortify through each otherĀ“s territories, or share cards.
SETUP.
The evil player who controls more stronghols in Mordor places last and goes last. The person to his left places first and goes first.

GROGnads wrote:
You can 'exchange' territories amongst Team Players, as mutually agreed upon by both parties. This is done during 'redeployment'. There is also a note that each Team(of Both Players) moves during the same time, so that either both EVIL or GOOD players are conducting their turns at the same moment
where you find it?
I think you cant exchange territories and the order of play is the indicated on "SETUP", are a team, but play one after other, and the enemy player between them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.