Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing the crap out of Onirim on my phone. It is far far better, as a solo game, in digital than in analogue. Why? No fiddliness. I can't stand solo fiddle.

Are there any other solo games that have been adapted to Android?

Note, not looking for multi-player games with AI. Nor am I looking for coöp games that I can pass and play by myself. I'm talking about games meant for one person to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
chearns wrote:
I'm playing the crap out of Onirim on my phone. It is far far better, as a solo game, in digital than in analogue. Why? No fiddliness. I can't stand solo fiddle.

I respectfully disagree. I found the adaptation terrible and lacking the expansions. But I don't like digital versions of games as a rule.

Anyway, since you're ruling Sentinels of the Multiverse out no, I don't have any

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
Shephy is awesome. Id love a physical copy of it but couldn't justify the expense of importing from Japan just at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chearns wrote:
I had a similar experience with Star Realms:
By getting rid of the constant shuffling, the game became a lot more appealing to me with the app.

I can imagine that regarding Onirim I'd feel the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien K
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
jhaelen wrote:
chearns wrote:
I had a similar experience with Star Realms:
By getting rid of the constant shuffling, the game became a lot more appealing to me.

I can imagine that regarding Onirim I'd feel the same.

I think that Onirim is an OK game at best. But I still played it already more on the app version that with the card version.

I guess it's a question of tolerance to shuffling, depending on how big the deck is, and how much you have to shuffle. I don't mind Star realms or Friday, because the decks are not that big (20-30 cards at most) and you do not have to shuffle them that much (I'd say usually about 5-8 times for Star realms, and about 10 times for Friday). But in the case of onirim where the deck is big and the shuffles constant it's more of a bother. Not mentioning the fact that you also have your hand of cards you need to put somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Drown
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chearns wrote:

Are there any other solo games that have been adapted to Android?

Adaman

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.newtzgames...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lithobolia...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brain
United Kingdom
London, UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Shephy - it's a fabulous puzzlegame.
(Although I do have a physical copy, I play the Android version a lot.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.templarbattleforce.com/ Templar Battleforce is what Space Hulk should have been. Set in the Trese Brother's own future universe. Tons and tons of fun. And it's a solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No One
United States
Burien
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah_Pook wrote:
Shephy is awesome. Id love a physical copy of it but couldn't justify the expense of importing from Japan just at the moment.

Scurra wrote:

I did not know an app for Shephy existed. Thank you for your posts! It's one of my favorite solitaire games... downloading it now.

~V
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lacreighton wrote:
http://www.templarbattleforce.com/ Templar Battleforce is what Space Hulk should have been. Set in the Trese Brother's own future universe. Tons and tons of fun. And it's a solo game.

Thanks but I'm only looking for board games that have been appified. Templar Battleforce is not, as far as I can tell, a board game according to BGG. And Space Hulk is a two-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McCaughey
United States
Woodland Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one thing that stinks most about Android is that we don't get near as many options as iOS gamers.

As far as options, this isn't quite what you're looking for, but the apps of Splendor, Suburbia and Ubongo all have additional single player modes. Ubongo has (a lot of) puzzles to solve while Splendor and Suburbia have campaign modes where you try to beat certain requirements using the base game.

Even though you stated you don't want "pass and play" I would highly recommend playing Pandemic and Elder Sign. Personally, I hate co-ops in board games, but I love these app versions because they are perfect for a single player experience. They streamline the experience in the same satisfying way that the Onirim app does. And zero downtime!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but if a coöp is worth playing, I want to play it with friends (Pandemic is my favourite game ever, I hope to never play Elder Signs again).

It's true that those games have single player modes, but it's not really what I'm looking for, thanks though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No One
United States
Burien
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Shephy's existence encouraged me to look for an app version of another solitaire game I enjoy: Elevenses for One. It does exist as an app, though since I haven't downloaded it yet I cannot comment to its quality.

The normal card game is really good. So the app might be worth the time for you to check out.

~V
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Based on your criteria, you might check out the app version of Glass Road, which includes the solo game. Personally, I'm not a fan of GR, but it is considered an excellent solo game by many. My favorite BG apps are multiplayers w/ AI, particularly San Juan, which has a very good AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Veero wrote:
Ah_Pook wrote:

Scurra wrote:

I did not know an app for Shephy existed. Thank you for your posts! It's one of my favorite solitaire games... downloading it now.

~V

Exactly! I've been wanting a physical copy forever, but now that I have an app, I shouldn't need the physical (unless I can get a copy for a decent price).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.