GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,430 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Hat-Trick» Forums » General

Subject: Hat-Trick's online! Official Tabletopia Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
Hat-Trick goes online on Tabletopia. PM me if you want a learn, try or play it.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am happy to announce that as of today Hat-Trick (including the 'Players' expansion) has gone online. Check it out on Tabletopia right here.
Subscribe to this thread to get latest updates, Tabletopia related news or some content I made inspired by online play (i.e. new Team Cards I will post soon).
Should you have any questions or feel like arrange online matches, feel free to do it here as well.
And one more thing – for some strange reasons, Tabletopia works best on Internet Explorer. Don't ask

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
Achilles and Ajax playing a boardgame
mbmbmbmbmb
At last! Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game isn't available? I tried it and the standard setup is using the expansion cards. I can't figure out how to change this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the players from the expansion without the skills. Their attack/defence is the same so what you end up with is virtually the base game with the graphics changed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A collection of tips for all those that are new to Tabletopia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very helpful, indeed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, let's experiment with the idea of arranging matches whenever somebody feels like to.

I've just set up a room and will be there for, let's say, next 15 minutes. If somebody feels like hopping in, feel free to do so. Even if you're new to Hat-Trick, I will gladly walk you through. Here's the link. See ya.

And remember: INTERNET EXPLORER
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few more tips to those playing Tabletopia (I'll add them in the article as well):

- if you want to do something with cards/decks (i.e. rotate them with Q,E, grab more than one with SHIFT), highlight them first (by clicking on them, they should turn blue).

- when DRAWING a card onto your hand, instead of clicking the deck and choosing the DRAW option, simply grab the topmost card from the deck and while holding the button, hover it to the bottom of the screen (it should turn blue). When you release the button, the card will land in your hand.

- when playing Action Cards, do not discard them – just lay a new card on the old ones. It's even better if you stack them (release the card when the one underneath turns orange). This way you will be building a deck, which will make your life easier when making a new one later (they will be already stacked).

- remember about SHUFFLING!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simmy Peerutin
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news. Will try to get some games on the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll keep an eye for this! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I've read at Tabletopia's comments, I missed twice Patryk's online presence because I was online looking for an opponent 2-3 hours later.
A useful feature is the "create room later". If someone is planning to be available on a certain time, he can announce it on Tabletopia by creating a game room with a scheduled time slot.
This way, if someone else logs in earlier, he'll know that there is a scheduled game room coming up and if it suits him, he'll follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patryk Kowalski
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really hard for me to say when I am or will be available on Tabletopia – so much is going on Hat-Trick-wise at the moment. Normally I'd be there all the time playing Hat-Trick, especially today as it is my first day off for a long time (until 5 pm at least). Buuuut currently I am in the midst of preparing Hat-Trick playthrough that will start tommorow at 12.00 and I have a daunting task ahead of me of trying to learn how it works on Twitch. If I manage to finish quickly, I'll try to play a game or two today and perhaps even make a room in advance or let everybody know here. But that is one big 'if'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Keates
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played on tabletopia for the first time against Patryk (who was great by the way). It really was super. I think the more you play the better you get used to the controls. The only difficulty I had was distinguishing the colours on the cards ...so use the silhouettes. It was great fun ...my keeper saving well. Couldn't believe it when my player cynically hacked down Patryk's attacker and the ref pointed to the spot!!!!! REFEREE!!!!
Excellent stuff and really hope to play again

Thanks again Patryk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefanos Pallas
Greece
Trikala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It happened that the usual suspects had our first game tonight in Tabletopia, too!

It was fun as always, although it took us a little time to get used to it. I can confirm what Nigel wrote about the colours of the cards, especially with my brother's laptop which I think is mostly a matter of screen fidelity.

We didn't conclude our game tonight but we took advantage of Tabletopia's feature and we'll continue it another day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.