United States
Wabash
IN
flag msg tools
Hit 'em high.
badge
Hit 'em low.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question while going through my first play - does the "Rule of 6" apply to skills as well, or can skills be boosted above that?

I was playing a human warrior (base of 5 fighting skill altogether), and then picked up an ally which gave me a +1 bonus. After completing my saga, and dropping an asset, my total fighting skill was up to 9 (the 6 I had and +3 from taking the fortress). That (coupled with some high quality breast plate armor) led to a pretty easy fight against the Abbess of Penance.

Just want to make sure that I did it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Eraelan wrote:
Quick question while going through my first play - does the "Rule of 6" apply to skills as well, or can skills be boosted above that?

I was playing a human warrior (base of 5 fighting skill altogether), and then picked up an ally which gave me a +1 bonus. After completing my saga, and dropping an asset, my total fighting skill was up to 9 (the 6 I had and +3 from taking the fortress). That (coupled with some high quality breast plate armor) led to a pretty easy fight against the Abbess of Penance.

To clarify we're talking about attributes here (the heroes' stats) - there is no limit to how high they can go.
Skills are the cards you gain from completing Saga chapters, so you'll have a maximum of 4 Skills by the end of your Saga.
And if you're finding the game easier, feel free to check out the Official Difficulty Variants...

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/147597/official-variants-...

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yost
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of surprised you found it easy with 9. I had 12 and it came down to the wire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Berard
United States
Wabash
IN
flag msg tools
Hit 'em high.
badge
Hit 'em low.
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Eraelan wrote:

To clarify we're talking about attributes here (the heroes' stats) - there is no limit to how high they can go.
Skills are the cards you gain from completing Saga chapters, so you'll have a maximum of 4 Skills by the end of your Saga.
And if you're finding the game easier, feel free to check out the Official Difficulty Variants...

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/147597/official-variants-...

devil

Ah, yes, I did mean attributes. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.