Popular Tags: [View All]
Ferro Ostil
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my copy last week and have been reading the rules, as well as setting up the sample of play. Very straightforward, with interesting twists and dynamics. I look forward to playing it.

My first impression is that 4 player will be most fun. Not easy to get four players together... but I noticed that the game structure is very clearly delineated between player turns. You essentially do nothing during the other players' turn - there is no immediate reaction and or decisions (do you commit air support or not?) as we see in other games. Of course I like games that keep you engaged also on other players turns. But Time of Crisis seems like it will move quickly anyway. And more importantly, this game might be ideal for playing asynchronously on Vassal + dropbox.

So - is there Vassal module?

And if there is, who wants to give it a shot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lindsay
United States
Soquel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Total randomly Braxton...
mbmbmbmbmb
Wray mentioned that the module was being worked on by Judd Vance in this thread:

Vassal Module

I haven't seen it mentioned again. Perhaps someone could ping Judd and ask about his progress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferro Ostil
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Hadn't seen that thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wray Ferrell
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MGabriel wrote:

Judd is almost finished with the module, in fact I will be looking over the hopefully final version tonight.

Wray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lindsay
United States
Soquel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Total randomly Braxton...
mbmbmbmbmb
Wray wrote:
MGabriel wrote:

Judd is almost finished with the module, in fact I will be looking over the hopefully final version tonight.

Wray

Yeah! Great news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wray wrote:
MGabriel wrote:

Wray

Wray is a real pro. He's given me excellent feedback during the iterations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferro Ostil
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Judd - thank you so much for making a vassal module for this game, and the many other games you've made. It's a wonderful service to the community. I really appreciate it!

And, happy days, looks like I am going to get Time of Crisis to the table tonight. Yeah!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ferro Ostil
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping to get a vassal game going, looking for two more: Time of Crisis Vassal Game (vassal + dropbox; target 1 move/day)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1796588/vassal-module-n...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.