Subject: Cauldron shipping question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter O'Hanraha-Hanrahan
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally obsessed with Sentinels and for some time I've been eyeing up buying the Cauldron. Unfortunately, printing seems to be US-only unless I do it myself. I took a look at the PDFs but I don't see how I could explain to a card shop how to assemble them (character cards double-sided, correct backs on cards, etc).

I was going to buy, but 60 + 20 + 20 is a hundred dollars already, and they want another $75 to post to the UK. Obsessed I may be, but I'm also on a budget.

Has anyone non-US got any suggestions on how I could get these decks please? I don't believe there's a European partner for Drive Thru Cards, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Edit: I tried some of the decks on tabletop simulator, but that thing's so clunky...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are other online services (CowCow, ArtsCow, printers studio) which do cards but DTC has them all together, up to date with eratta, and (the best part) the designer Matt gets a share of the proceeds.

How much did DTC quote you on weight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Hanraha-Hanrahan
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't say the weight, but looking at pics of people who've received theirs (and knowing how many decks there are) it would be a fair amount. I'd say around 5kg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Bishop
United States
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
The PDFs were never intended for printing (or anything really). Most custom card-printing sites will have forms you can upload images to, specifying what goes where. Use the individual image files for this.

If you wanted to take it in to a physical store, you'd probably first have to make your own sheets with cut lines and all the images properly laid out (is my guess).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O'Hanraha-Hanrahan
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for the reply. I bit the bullet and ordered from DTC. Thanks for the excellent, thematic characters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.