Hide
5 Posts

Innovation» Forums » Rules

Subject: can i draw a card from a lower age then what i am showing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Johnson
msg tools
Example, i have an age 7 card laid down in front of me, so i can take from Age 7, but if there are cards from age 1 on the board could i take 1 of those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
daddylonglegs86 wrote:
Example, i have an age 7 card laid down in front of me, so i can take from Age 7, but if there are cards from age 1 on the board could i take 1 of those?

No, you have to take from age 7. If it is empty, you take from the next higher level, and so on. The exception would of course be if the action specifically said "Draw a 1" or similar. But a simple Draw is always based on your highest showing card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
daddylonglegs86 wrote:

No. The rules don't give the option to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Johnson
msg tools
thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daddylonglegs86 wrote:

To be precise:

When you take the "DRAW" action, or such an action is indicated on a Dogma without a value, then you draw based on your highest top card.

When you follow a DOGMA that says "Draw a [2]" then that's what you do, draw the level of the card indicated, aging up if that stack is empty.

So if you had, for example, "The Wheel" out, you could activate its Dogma to draw those First Age cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.