Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jerry baker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
looking at picking up the 2nd edition.

i'm worried about getting the game. i played LEVEL 7 and didnt really enjoy it.

PLAYED Elite dangerous and my friend loved it.

looking for a good miniautre game were you kill aliens. whats you take on the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy a copy of Space Hulk. Better/easier to understand rules, very fun game where you can kill tons of aliens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is different than Level 7. I love that game, but this is a different feel. I can't tell you whether you should buy it or not, but I can tell you they are at least quite different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Lekkas
Greece
Karditsa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check videos of gameplay, and download the rulebook. I hardly believe anyone can answer as to what you will like.

Cheers,
K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like the movies and/or want to kill aliens, check out Legendary Encounters: Alien deck building game.

You'll play it more often, and even people don't normally go for deck-building games enjoy it.

If you want miniatures, then buy this. But otherwise check out LE Alien. You can trust my advice; I'm really an okay guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
If you like the movies and like miniatures, then buy it.

I would disagree on it being better/easier then space hulk. That has a lot of its own issues.

AVP is very easy to teach and understand with 2.0. Models are also very noob friendly as they are single pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Delval
Belgium
Sint-Genesius-Rode
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bakerid2000 wrote:
looking at picking up the 2nd edition.

i'm worried about getting the game. i played LEVEL 7 and didnt really enjoy it.

PLAYED Elite dangerous and my friend loved it.

looking for a good miniautre game were you kill aliens. whats you take on the game?

If you like Level 7 AND the property you'll probably enjoy this one a lot. It has a lot of flavor.

The aforementioned Space Hulk is a bit outdated mechanic and option wise HOWEVER it's pedigree is justified and also a good buy.
If you like Predators AND Aliens opt for AVP. If you just like aliens and don't care for Predator, go for Space Hulk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
AVP is very easy to teach and understand with 2.0.

LOL hilarious! 🤣

Oh wait, you were being serious??? 😳
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer Lagerpusch
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carter_Burke wrote:
scourn1 wrote:
AVP is very easy to teach and understand with 2.0.

LOL hilarious! 🤣

Oh wait, you were being serious??? 😳

I personally think it is a lot of stuff you need to remember, but the game itself is not that hard to teach. But that is the reason I am creating rules references.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dorian Hawkins
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pros:

1, some very nice Alien, Predator and Marine minis... (that's worth the entrance price alone for some people);

2, reasonably balance 3 player game (there is a shortage of decent 3p mini games);

3, the mechanics do a reasonable job of running a 3 way battle between aliens, predators and marines.

Cons:

1, rules are clunky and the rule book is far from the best;

2, 1ED minis are delicate and annoying to put together; and

3, only 3 player.

BOTTOM-LINE: there are better games but the reason to play this game is A v P. If that's something you really want to play, then it is worth getting. If you are not married to the license, avoid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jerry baker
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
thank you. i have bought this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.