A Handful of Stars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mobile Factories Card Action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Bridges
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
This technology card states, as an action, that "You may build Military Units on Outposts".

So is that one action to play the card and a second action to build a couple of military units on colonies and/or outposts? Or

Does playing the card allow you to build units as part of the card action ( restricting any builds to outposts)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyia wrote:
This technology card states, as an action, that "You may build Military Units on Outposts".

So is that one action to play the card and a second action to build a couple of military units on colonies and/or outposts? Or

Does playing the card allow you to build units as part of the card action ( restricting any builds to outposts)?

At work, so I can't see the card. Isn't it a "Reserve" Technology? Once you have it in your reserve you can build on any planet you control using the normal Build Action.

I doubt you would get to build "for free" as part of playing the card.

At least, that what I think it means without actually seeing the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops! I was wrong, it's not a reserve card.

"Action: You may build Military Units on Outposts. Must still expend Population and Matter."

Playing the cards with the Action: Card Action option will give you the same action as Action: Build with the exception that you may build units on an Outpost instead of a colony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bridges
United Kingdom
Rugby
flag msg tools
So, as an action does the "may" mean you may build on an outpost as opposed to taking a normal build action on a colony / home base, or does it let you build on outposts in addition as colonies for that action.

I read it as saying you may build on an outpost instead of colonies not in addition to colonies but I stand to be corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyia wrote:
So, as an action does the "may" mean you may build on an outpost as opposed to taking a normal build action on a colony / home base, or does it let you build on outposts in addition as colonies for that action.

This question came up yesterday in our game.

(1) "may" instead build on outposts
(2) or "may" also build on outposts?

As the card explanation in the rule book explicitly states, that you can build in multiple systems, we assumed that the second system may as well be a colony, so we opted for interpretation (2). Can we find a consensus?

Edit: I got this card as one of my 2 starting techs, and it was pretty strategy defining for me. Means I used this action during each of my shuffle rounds, so at least 4 times. Only on the last occasion the question came up as I wanted to build on an outpost and colony at the same time. Before I only ever built 2 units on a single outpost, IIRC. So in 80% of cases I could have lived with the interpretation (1); but (2) is even more useful, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.