Subject: Trial balloon-Hindenburg level rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Listening to PBS Newshour on my way to appointment and Judy Woodruff was interviewing Christopher Ruddy of Newsmax. In it he dropped the tidbit that The Donald was considering firing Mueller. The reasoning was not clear as I missed the original interview just caught the discussion of same afterwards. Will try to dig out a link when I get home but this story is definitely not going away anytime soon.

Edit/Update. Looks like there is a growing call amongst Trumps minions for this centering on two points 1). He's not needed because the President is not currently under investigation. 2). There is a conflict of interest because Mueller knows and likes Comey.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkprogress.org/amp/p/3b6bde4...

If the GOP thought they would get a breather after the counsel was appointed then they just did not count on The Donald and his lackeys desire to pour gasoline on a dumpster fire
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Kumitedad wrote:
Listening to PBS Newshour on my way to appointment and Judy Woodruff was interviewing Christopher Ruddy of Newsmax. In it he dropped the tidbit that The Donald was considering firing Mueller. The reasoning was not clear as I missed the original interview just caught the discussion of same afterwards. Will try to dig out a link when I get home but this story is definitely not going away anytime soon.

Edit/Update. Looks like there is a growing call amongst Trumps minions for this centering on two points 1). He's not needed because the President is not currently under investigation. 2). There is a conflict of interest because Mueller knows and likes Comey.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkprogress.org/amp/p/3b6bde4...

If the GOP thought they would get a breather after the counsel was appointed then they just did not count on The Donald and his lackeys desire to pour gasoline on a dumpster fire.

Trump's Dominionist handlers are behind the effort to convince Trump to fire Mueller because Mueller's investigation will inevitably ensnare Mike Pence, too, thus dealing the Dominionists a major blow. They consider Trump's election as a godsend to begin taking over the government, one of the 7 "mountains" (major spheres of influence) that Dominionists believe that they absolutely must conquer in order to begin realizing their End-Times agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Comey told him THREE FUCKING TIMES he wasn't under investigation!

THREE TIMES!

Three whole separate independent awkward inappropriate totally spontaneous suspiciously-redundant times.

CASE CLOSED.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Trump's Dominionist handlers are behind the effort to convince Trump to fire Mueller because Mueller's investigation will inevitably ensnare Mike Pence, too, thus dealing the Dominionists a major blow.

or here is a more likely alternative: Trump is considering firing Mueller for the same reason he fired Preet Bharara and James Comey, which is because he is guilty of crimes against the republic, and anytime a government attorney starts coming close to this, Trump fires them, because he knows the GOP is going to roll over for him like they do literally every time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
My response to this idea is : Please,

"Go ahead, make my day!"

Another obstruction of justice action Trump himself. This would make it 4 at least.

I assume the investigation goes on until it is ordered to be stopped. And this would be another obstruction of justice and would leak out in 1 hour flat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the idiots who are aiding him, all yes men and one(?) woman: Dog and Pony Show
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Daddys_Home wrote:
Look at the idiots who are aiding him, all yes men and one(?) woman: Dog and Pony Show

Actually, the Dominionists among those seated at that table (Price, DeVos, Pence, etc.) are conditional Yes men and women, meaning that they're only amenable to carrying out their roles as long as Trump carries out his in helping to advance their agenda.

Reince Priebus has been desperately trying to fit in because he knows he's a square peg in a round hole there. That's probably why we heard him invoke the word "blessing" in paying tribute to Trump in order to sound like an Evangelical Christian.

Allegedly, Trump has given Priebus until July 4 to get the White House staff in order; however, what can Priebus do when he has the equivalent of a runaway problem child running amuk around the White House meddling, getting into trouble, and taking a dump wherever and whenever he feels like it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannity made this his opening piece to night.

Mueller is corrupt, there is no basis for an investigation or a special prosecutor, and mueller should be fired.

Trump's people argued today that
a) Mueller is friends with Comey and has a conflict of interest
AND
b) Mueller was offered a job by Trump and has a conflict of interest
AND
c) Mueller's lawfirm did work for the Trump family and ..well you know.

It's past time to impeach and remove Trump from office. He's a danger to our form of government.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Trump's people argued today that
a) Mueller is friends with Comey and has a conflict of interest
AND
b) Mueller was offered a job by Trump and has a conflict of interest
AND
c) Mueller's lawfirm did work for the Trump family and ..well you know.

these are all hilarious

A) Mueller being friends with Comey doesn't create a conflict of interest; even if Mueller is motivated to seek revenge for Comey that doesn't constitute a conflict of interest, because the entire point of a conflict of interest, for a lawyer, is that you are unable to do the job because you have a duty to the other side and this does not qualify

B) Mueller being offered the FBI directorship by Trump (a job, remember, which he already had once; he's 72) doesn't either

C) wait, someone else at Mueller's law firm represented one of Trump's businesses and this is supposed to create a conflict of interest? so long as Mueller wasn't involved on the file then there's no conflict of interest, and frankly even if he was, given the supposed divide between the Trump Organization and the Trump presidency, any suggestion by Trump that there is a conflict of interest would effectively confirm corruption rather than refute it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not put it past Trump to consider doing this, but I think it would be political suicide. That said, i don't think doing this will relieve him of his office, there are still too many mealy mouthed Republicans who would stand with Trump. When Mueller was selected, republicans had nothing but praise for him, now, of course, when it looks like he is building up a team to pursue this investigation hardcore, Republicans jump off the Mueller bandwagon and start to critize the guy (too Dem, not impartial, biased, etc). I am not sure where Trump fans get the perverted notion that just because Trump is not directly under investigation, that the investigation itself is unwarranted. There is enough stink in those around Trump, to continue the investigation, and in the end, if there is no wrongdoing, there is no wrongdoing. Think about this, if Trump and his associates had no fear of the investigation findings, why would Trump continue to stonewall the investigation? Laughs, he cannot even give a straight answer about whether tapes (THAT HE MENTIONED) exist of the Comey conversations.

Trump fans need to wake up and smell the coffee, and realize that stonewalling is unlikely to stop the investigation, short of firing Mueller. That is a huge political gamble, one that cost Nixon his Presidency.

I had to laugh yesterday, when the only two men with some spine in the Trump Cabinet Lovefest did not pay homage to Trump;

Mattis, who took the moment to thank the troops that serve our country.
Pompeo, who claimed he wasn't going to talk for fear of leaking classified information (a smart move, that seemed to get a laugh from the audience, but did not in the end pay homage to the Chief).

I actually think he will ponder the firing, mostly because he has no reasonable voice in his immediate circle, that can seemingly tell Trump NO, with any hope that he will listen. That in itself, is dangerous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
it would be political suicide.

There's no such thing anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:

It would be a very, very bad thing for him to do. Perhaps the true beginning of the end.

But since he is fucking idiot and has a third-grade edumacation, trying to cite the Nixon administration would be a waste of time.

Just slide him another coloring book of single, straight lines on each page - while the adults impeach his ass. And I do hope the Republicans try to shield him, so they get incinerated in the process.

There is nothing nastier than a righteous American bringing the pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
abadolato01 wrote:

I would agree with you, because the Repbulicans are in control of Congress. I am not sure this would be the wisest move if the Dems had control of Congress. Like anything else in D.C., the severity of the death might be a function of who owns Congress, and to some degree, the Court of Public Opinion. Yes, suicide is perhaps a bit strong a word here, "politically unwise" might be more appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Kumitedad wrote:
... The Donald and his lackeys desire to pour gasoline on a dumpster fire

Totally disagree. It would be more like dropping napalm on a tire fire.

Gotta give it up to Teh Donald for (only) one thing: when it comes to political theater, nobody does it better, baby.

Let me also be the first to say this: DON'T believe anything anyone says about the 2018 elections. Just from personal interactions, it appears the traditional voting blocks may get trashed. I've met die-hard Trump supporters who steadfast in their support while others are leaning Democrat. I've met tie-dyed liberals who are really sick of the whole thing and are thinking of going totally third party while others want Hillary to run again. And my libertarian high-school-teacher brother of mine wants to go with one of the major parties, but flip-flops all the time. Do the Democrats have a shot at re-taking the Senate? Maybe. Do the Democrats have a shot at re-taking the House? No. But can they chip into the Republican majority? Maybe.

Folks, this is the craziest first 144 days of a presidency in my lifetime. Congress isn't any better. Make sure your safety bar is down across your lap and securely latched before we start the ride.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:

Just slide him another coloring book of single, straight lines on each page - while the adults impeach his ass. And I do hope the Republicans try to shield him, so they get incinerated in the process.

Single straight lines? You give our esteemed president far too little credit, as these Presidential Daily Briefings leaked to The Onion will attest: http://www.theonion.com/live/presidential-briefings-55946/en...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
Trump's Dominionist handlers are behind the effort to convince Trump to fire Mueller because Mueller's investigation will inevitably ensnare Mike Pence, too, thus dealing the Dominionists a major blow.

or here is a more likely alternative: Trump is considering firing Mueller for the same reason he fired Preet Bharara and James Comey, which is because he is guilty of crimes against the republic, and anytime a government attorney starts coming close to this, Trump fires them, because he knows the GOP is going to roll over for him like they do literally every time

Yep, my bet is that this is happening, and he's just giving the GOP fair warning so that they have time to lube up appropriately.

Assuming Trump is guilty of some shit, he has to decide which is less likely to torpedo his presidency: Bob Mueller digging up the dirt, or Republicans or finding their God-given spines as Trump obstructs the holy hell out of the investigation.

Clearly, the smart money is on the latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/06/13/h...

The pure mechanics of the firing, laid out in a lovely flowchart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
The press is so dumb for running hour after hour of this Trump friend. This idiot is just trying to get publicity for his Newsmax website and run his trap about how Mueller was "illegally" appointed. And the press is enabling him. Report it and then move on.

Ruddy Trolling achievement unlocked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toku42 wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

Yep, my bet is that this is happening, and he's just giving the GOP fair warning so that they have time to lube up appropriately.

Assuming Trump is guilty of some shit, he has to decide which is less likely to torpedo his presidency: Bob Mueller digging up the dirt, or Republicans or finding their God-given spines as Trump obstructs the holy hell out of the investigation.

This was apparently the trigger in all this talk (from my original link)

Quote:
So what changed? Last week, Mueller hired deputy solicitor general Michael Dreeben to be part of his rapidly expanding team. News of that hire and others prompted former acting US solicitor general Neal Katyal to tell CNN, “You don’t bring Michael Dreeben onto something ordinary… He’s the top criminal law practitioner in the United States.”

So now folks who were singing his praises last month are having a whiplash inducing change of mind

Key Phrase "Look who he's hiring." I guess Mueller was a good choice, right up until they found out he was taking the job seriously
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If Trump were to get Mueller fired, Comey will publicly release 'the tapes'.

Go ahead Donald. Make my day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
That said, there doesn’t appear to be anything preventing him from doing so — with the exception of political repercussions that would almost certainly include impeachment.

(re: sessions unrecusing himself) Such a great line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Kumitedad wrote:
toku42 wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

This was apparently the trigger in all this talk (from my original link)

Quote:
So what changed? Last week, Mueller hired deputy solicitor general Michael Dreeben to be part of his rapidly expanding team. News of that hire and others prompted former acting US solicitor general Neal Katyal to tell CNN, “You don’t bring Michael Dreeben onto something ordinary… He’s the top criminal law practitioner in the United States.”

So now folks who were singing his praises last month are having a whiplash inducing change of mind

Key Phrase "Look who he's hiring." I guess Mueller was a good choice, right up until they found out he was taking the job seriously

Given his despicably godawful history, one would not normally presuppose Newt Gingrich to be embraced by Dominionists and the Religious Far Right; however, over the past 5 pr 6 years, Gingrich has given himself something of a Dominionist make-over.

> Excerpts from the July 6, 2016 Right Wing Watch news story by Peter Montgomery entitled:

Why Newt Gingrich Is Christian Nationalists’ Dream Vice President

Christian-nation extremist and Dominionist political operative David Lane declared in TIME magazine this week that Newt Gingrich would be Donald Trump’s “Dream Veep,” calling Gingrich “Churchillian” and “still the most feared Republican in America.”

It might seem strange that Christian Right figures would rally around Gingrich, the thrice-married former speaker of the House who abandoned that office nearly two decades ago after an ethics scandal and clear signs that his colleagues were about to drive him from the office. But here’s why: Gingrich has spent the past decade promoting the Christian Right’s revisionist history, beliefs about a divinely inspired American exceptionalism, anti-Obama conspiracy theories and diatribes about the supposed war on Christianity in the U.S.

For example, Gingrich and his current wife Callista, a former Hill staffer with whom he conducted an affair while married to his second wife, published an opinion column in The Washington Times in May ranting that the “secular Left” is engaging in a “crusade against the role of faith in our society.”

Newt and Callista have, following in the footsteps of GOP operative David Barton, made a cottage industry out of pushing similar claims. It is certainly no coincidence that an updated third edition of the couple’s 2006 book, “Rediscovering God in America: Reflections on the Role of Faith in Our Nation’s History and Future,” has just been published.

The preface to the new edition warns that “the secular Left’s effort to drive God out of America’s public square” has “only gotten worse” since the book’s original publication. And in another sign of Gingrich embracing the extreme views of Christian right leaders and their political allies, the book echoes right-wing leaders’ rhetorical attacks on the federal courts, which Mike Huckabee made a central theme of his candidacy:

Mike Huckabee wrote:

For two generations we have passively accepted the judiciary’s assault on the values of the overwhelming majority of Americans. It is time to insist on judges who understand that throughout our history – and continuing to this day – Americans believe that their fundamental rights come from God and are therefore unalienable.....

Judicial supremacy... only survives due to the passivity of the executive and legislative branches, which have refused to use their respective powers to correct the Court....

If we are to truly secure our religious liberty in America, the people and their elected representatives will need to reject the theory of judicial supremacy and passivity as a response to Supreme Court rulings that ignore executive and legislative concerns and which seek to institute policy changes that constitutionally rest with Congress.

And just to make it clear, Gingrich believes a President who isn’t afraid to act can lead Congress in nullifying decisions, such as the Supreme Court’s marriage equality ruling, that he disagrees with:

Newt Gingrich wrote:

A President who believes that judicial supremacy is a threat to our freedoms will use any appropriate executive branch powers, by itself and acting in coordination with the legislative branch, to check and balance any Supreme Court decision he or she believes to be fundamentally unconstitutional.

For the past decade, “Rediscovering God in America” has become a major brand for Gingrich, Inc. It’s incorporated into the title of a second Newt-Callista book about the role of God from America’s colonial era through the Civil War, and it’s in the title of not one but two Citizens United-produced “documentaries” based on the Gingrich books, a God TV special, and conferences featuring the likes of Dominionist pseudo-historian David Barton and Dominionist “apostle” Lou Engle.

In 2009, Right Wing Watch reported on one of the conferences and produced a highlight reel, which includes Engle praying that God will protect Gingrich from “the evil schemes of the enemy.”

But Gingrich has been doing more to win Religious Right loyalty than writing books and giving speeches. In 2008, he started an organization called Renewing American Leadership, which launched a project called Pray and ACT. Among the Dominionist figures involved in the effort were Lou Engle and Lance Wallnau, who has been saying for months that Donald Trump is anointed by God.

Renewing American Leadership won fans among anti-gay activists when it poured $150,000.00 into the successful 2010 campaign to unseat Iowa Supreme Court justices who had ruled in favor of marriage equality in the state.

Christian nationalist “historian” and GOP operative David Barton was a founding board member of Renewing American Leadership.

Anti-gay activist Jim Garlow was brought on as president after he made a national name for himself organizing California churches in favor of California’s Prop 8.

Gingrich, Garlow, and Barton hosted a conference call for pastors gloating about their 2010 victories. In it, Gingrich said that “taking on the judicial class” and telling judges that “we are not going to tolerate enforced secularization of our country” is “one of the most important things we can engage in.”

Gingrich has stuck with his attacks on secularism. In 2011, he spoke at John Hagee’s Cornerstone Church and declared that he was "convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time [my grandchildren are] my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American."

Gingrich’s personal re-branding as a conservative Christian culture warrior explains why some of the same Religious Right figures who are backing Trump are pushing Newt for Vice President.

When Gingrich was campaigning for the 2012 Presidential nomination, Jerry Falwell Jr. was among those who rallied to the former Speaker’s side when other religious conservatives questioned his appeal to Evangelical voters. (Gingrich had given the 2007 commencement address at Falwell’s Liberty University.)

David Lane was also among those who vouched for Gingrich during that race, as did Lance Wallnau, who “urged adherents to read an eighteen-page treatise Garlow had written outlining the reasons conservative Christians should support Gingrich,” The Nation reported. “Among them: his ‘Churchillian fortitude,’ his ‘understanding of war’ and his talent for taking ‘a verbal chain saw to the hollow trunks of the trees of radical secularism.’”

During that 2012 Presidential run, Gingrich appointed Dominionist Dutch Sheets a national co-chair of his Faith Leaders Coalition. In a major 2012 story on Gingrich’s appeal to the Religious Right, The Nation’s Mariah Blake reported on Gingrich’s appearances at David Lane’s events for conservative pastors, where his remarks were “an ideological hand grenade” in the context of Barton’s Christian-nation history:

Gingrich adds that he has studied the founding documents, including the Declaration, and believes they call for “a very bold restructuring of Washington, DC, on a scale that nobody in Washington in either party is prepared to talk about.”

David Lane is now making a full-court press. Back in May, he declared that Trump “can be one of the top four presidents in American history” and urged him to pick Gingrich in order to “mobilize evangelical and Catholic pro-life conservatives who stayed home in the last election cycle.” And on July 4, a day before endorsing Gingrich in TIME magazine, David Lane was quoted in a Washington Times story raving about Gingrich:

David Lane of American Renewal wrote:

Newt may be the only living former legislator who can walk in on Friday, Jan. 20, 2017, with the working knowledge to orchestrate and drive an agenda for limited government, deregulation of business, lower taxes and return of control to the states. Besides helping pull the wagon to get Trump elected, Newt may be the only adult in the room when it comes to governing with the institutional knowledge and grit to make the hard decisions to save America.

It’s not clear what Trump sees in Gingrich beyond his arrogance, narcissism and appeal to an important part of the Republican Party’s base that Trump is actively courting. But it might just as well be Gingrich’s reputation for cutthroat politics.

During his heyday in the 1990s, Gingrich did much to encourage ugliness and bitter partisanship in American politics. A now infamous memo from his political organization GOPAC, “Language: A Key Mechanism of Control,” urged conservatives to smear their opponents using such words such as: betray, corrupt, decay, disgrace, pathetic, radical, sick, traitors, and many more.

Sound familiar?

The Dark Secret of Newt Gingrich's Rhetoric

> From an *Actual* Memo entitled "Language: A Key Mechanism of Control" by GOPAC, Newt Gingrich's political action committee, which was prepared in response to "the plaintive plea" of candidates across the country who wrote in to GOPAC saying, "I wish I could speak like Newt."

Speaking like Newt takes years of practice. But we believe that you could have significant impact on your campaign and the way you communicate if we help a little. That's why we created a list of words and phrases....

Optimistic Positive Governing Words

Use the list below to help define your campaign and your vision of public service. These words can help give extra power to your message. In addition, these words help develop the positive side of the contrast you should create with your opponent, giving your community something to vote for!

active
actively
activist
candid
candidly
care
caring
challenge
change
children
citizen
common sense
courage
dream
eliminate
eliminate good time in prison
empower
empowerment
fair
family
freedom
help
hard work
humane
incentive
lead
liberty
listen
moral
opportunity
peace
precious
preserve
principled
principled
pride
pristine
pro-[Name your issue]
pro-children
pro-environment
pro-family
pro-flag
protect
prosperity
proud
reform
rights
strength
truth
vision
we / us / our

Contrasting Words

Often we search hard for words to define our opponents. Sometimes we are hesitant to use contrast. Remember that creating a difference helps you. These are powerful words that can create a clear and easily understood contrast. Apply these to the opponent, their record, their proposals, and their party.

anti-[name your issue]
anti-child
anti-family
anti-flag
anti-jobs
attitude
bizarre
bosses
bureaucrats
cheat
collapse
collapsing
"Compassion" is not enough.
corrupt
corruption
criminal rights
crisis
cynicism
decay
deeper
delusions of grandeur
delusionsal
destroy
destructive
devour
fail
failure
greed
hypocrisy
ideological
impose
incompetent
insensitive
liberal
lie
machine
pathetic
permissive
pessimistic
punish
radical
red tape
self-serving
sick
shame
spend
spending
status quo
steal
taxes
they / them
traitors
waste
welfare

> How Newt Gingrich using his own bombthrowing words from the list above to criticize Democrats involved in the 1990 budget debate in Congress:

"[The Democrats are] sick, pathetic, liberal, incompetent, tax-spending traitors." -- Newt Gringrich

Remember who was Speaker of the House of Representatives when Bill Clinton was impeached?

Why, none other than Newton Leroy Gingrich.

Newt Gingrich

In early 1998, House Speaker Newt Gingrich declared that he was so outraged by Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky that he [Gingrich] was going to address that topic each and every time in every speech he made thereafter until Clinton resigned from the Presidency.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to us at the time, for five years (since November 1993), Gingrich had already been banging Callista Bisek, a congressional aide more than 20 years younger than himself. Indeed, although the affair had been much whispered about in elite Republican circles, nobody had publicly called Gingrich on it -- *that is,* not until immediately after the Republicans' loss of the November 1998 congressional elections (after which Newt was tossed out on his keister).

Earlier that year, however, Newt Gingrich had decided not to serve in his Speaker role during the House impeachment vote on President Clinton. And that was a very telling thing indeed. For you see, soon-to-be ex-House Speaker Newt Gingrich had no moral authority to sit in judgment of Bill Clinton.

"I did not have sexual relations with those women." -- House Speaker Newt Gingrich to Vanity Fair magazine in reply to charges in 1995 that he had solicited and received *oral sex* from a half-dozen former female campaign staffers of his

"We had oral sex. He [Newt Gingrich] prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, 'I never slept with her.'" -- Anne Manning, one of a half-dozen former Gingrich campaign workers, talking about Newt's oral sexcapades in a 1995 Vanity Fair magazine interview

Moreover, *Newt Gingrich* was the FIRST Congressman to deny having had "sexual relations" with a half-dozen former female campaign staffers who said they had performed oral sex on him at HIS solicitation and that he himself "did not consider oral sex to consitute adultry or sexual relations."

And yet, it was Newt Gingrich who nonetheless led the Republicans to make the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal the focus of the GOP's November 1998 Election Day strategy. And, of course, it was Newt Gingrich who was ousted after the strategy led to Republicans' losing seats in Congress.

In May 1999, Gingrich informed Marianne, his wife of 18 years, that he was divorcing her for another woman, Callista Bisek. But one pal said Gingrich had told Marianne that he’d been seeing Bisek for only a year, not the 5-1/2 years -- since November 1993 -- that he'd actually been seeing Bisek. It wasn't until around March 1999 that rumors about "Newtie's Cutie" were confirmed when he and Callista were photographed hand in hand walking around in broad daylight out on the Washington, D.C. mall.

In her 1998 book, former Gingrich ally and confidant, New York Republican U.S. Rep. Susan Molinari revealed what an unbridled ego Newt has. For example, at various times throughout their association, Newt Gingrich had openly compared himself in glowingly self-flattering terms to General Douglas MacArthur, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Atilla The Hun, Winston Churchill, and Napoleon!

> Excerpt from the Thursday, Feb. 12, 1998 Associated Press News story:

Moliari Book Describes Newt Gingrich As "Weepy"

Tears and boasts ran freely from House Speaker Newt Gingrich as he fought to hold his power while picturing himself as "leader of a world revolution", according to a book (entitled "Representative Mom") written by former Rep. Susan Molinari (who delivered the '96 National GOP Convention keynote address)....

It also accused Gingrich of making whipping boys of Molinari's husband, U.S. Rep. Bill Paxon of western New York, and other congressional Republicans.

The title, "Representative Mom," alludes to Molinari's having a baby with Paxon in 1996, the first ever born with both parents in Congress....

She wrote that when Gingrich faced loss of his power after receiving an ethics reprimand, "He'd call Bill and other members of leadership and weep openly while talking about resigning because saving the world was simply too heavy of a burden for him to manage."

"He wept too when he said, 'It's so hard being at the center of a worldwide movement,'" the Post quotes Molinari as saying.

Molinari said Gingrich told her and Paxon over dinner in 1996 that he had decided to run for President in 2000.

"We were speechless," she wrote. "The ethics decisions [against Gingrich] were serious matters. [House] Members were grumbling openly. Newt's approval ratings were below 30% -- and he was planning his run for the Presidency!"

Gingrich survived a move to replace him as speaker, but the effort led to Paxon's resigning a leadership position. Molinari said she had been reluctant to tell stories about Gingrich because it might look like an attempt at revenge.

And now the ultimate irony of all: You know how Trump rails against NAFTA, GATT, and other trade treaties?

Well, Newt Gingrich was one of the leading advocates for the passage of NAFTA, GATT, and other trade treaties during his term in Congress. Back in late 2011 when he was running for President, look what Gingrich said he as President would have wanted to do:

> Excerpts from the December 6, 2011 U.S. News & World Report "Debate Club" news story by Rick Newman entitled:

How The Economy Would Change Under Newt Gingrich
The Republican Presidential Candidate Backs Some Familiar Ideas And Some Novel Ones

Gingrich wants to lure more foreign visitors and workers to the USA. Gingrich wants to boost tourism by streamlining America's visa system, a move that could boost hospitality jobs. He also wants to ease restrictions for well-trained foreign workers and entrepreneurs who want to invest or build businesses in the United States. For companies that need unskilled migrant labor, Gingrich wants to develop a highly efficient guest-worker program —— by outsourcing it to a firm experienced with electronic anti-fraud measures, such as Visa or American Express.

Donald Trump loves to watch the performances of certain of his surrogates when they go on television. Kellyanne Conroy is probably Trump's #1 favorte to watch but close behind her would be Newt Gingrich.

Now that his third wife, Callista, is up to become ambassador to the Vatican, Newt Gingrich is ready to go full-tilt pseudo-holy roller all over again with his new book, "Understanding Donald Trump".

Other Suggested Reading Via Clickable News-Story Links

Will Donald Trump Pick Fellow Conspiracy Theorist Newt Gingrich To Become His Vice Presidetial Running Mate?

Dominionist David Lane of American Renewal Declare: "Donald Trump’s Dream Veep Is Newt Gingrich"

Gingrich Steps Down in Face of Rebellion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
The press should be asking if all these appointees are unsuitable - which idiot repeatedly hires these people to those positions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.