Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keaton Hansen
United States
Arlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for clarification on the Persecution Trial Card (Number 20 in the Theme Appendix). In this trial there are two effects (1) Persecution - Remove half of the Church's Population and (2) Scatter. At the bottom of the card it tells us to do this in the Largest Church in the Region.
My question is do (A)both effects happen in the Largest Church, or (B)the first effect occur in the elder's church and the second effect occur in the Largest Church (if these are different)?

Note to the creators: I really love this game. It's a great challenging puzzle with so many things done well. It's wonderful to see this theme implemented so thoughtfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on my play experience, it would make the most sense to do both in the largest church, with another way to look at it is the largest church and then where the current player elder is .

Agree, love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both effects impact the largest church in the elder's region. Glad you are both enjoying the game! What do you like least and best about Commissioned?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keaton Hansen
United States
Arlington
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What do you like least and best about Commissioned?

Game play likes:
1. The pray & share process - specifically how there is individual strategy which is combined with corporate collaboration and repercussions.
2. Alpha Gamer Avoidance - I fell in love with Pandemic, my first co-op game, but found myself trying to plan everyone's turn for them. The die roll in Commissioned helps mitigate this problem very well.
3. Deck building - I haven't played many deck building games so this stands out to me as being a cool mechanic here.
4. Winning is challenging (on easy mode)

Design likes:
By far my favorite part of the game is the strong theme. The appendix is awesome for a quick reference, and having the scripture references on the cards brings the option of a richer experience. The design choices were obviously well researched.

Dislikes:
1. Game time is a little long for the group I tend to play with, which makes it harder to get to the table.
2. I don't like the map/board look. However, I appreciate that it is historically relevant, so I'm glad you chose to go with it.
3. My wife didn't like the game initially (Acts of the Apostles), thought it was too overwhelming and boring. Played again with her using the First Missionary Journeys scenario and she liked it much better.
4. I don't like the small size of the faith cards.
5. Finally, the rules are a bit tricky in some of the details. Fortunately, the forums here have helped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you break tie's for the "largest Church in the region"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The church closest to Jerusalem is the location affected by the trial in a tie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Klipfel
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Patrick,

What if both locations are the same distance from Jerusalem?

What I had was 2 locations both 1 space away from Jerusalem. 1 location with an Apostle, helper, and 2 white cubes. The other location with 4 white cubes. So I assume they are both population of 4. Then the card has 2 affects dealing with the highest population, I don't remember the name of the card, but one caused to remove half the population rounding down, and the other forced the church to spread. How would that play out?

Thanks Douglas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lysaght
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At that point, the Elder chooses which church faces the trial. Thanks for asking a good question!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.