Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All sea areas have control markers EXCEPT the Bering Sae and the North Pacific Ocean... possible misprint on pg 8, starting positions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VITP started out with two sea areas under nobodies control. I'm hoping to high heaven that this game stays true to the old classic, and so if it does, no control for those two areas is how it is meant to start out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milton Soong
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thnk that makes the Pearl Harbor raid possible...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msoong wrote:
I thnk that makes the Pearl Harbor raid possible...

Actually, the Pearl Raid goes in through the Central Pacific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milton Soong
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a minute. something is fishy here.

IN order for IJN fleet to raid into Pearl Harbor, Central Pacific must be Japanese controlled (per last paragraph of section 7: "moving to a second or 3rd sea area only possible if the previous area moved into is controlled by the moving player".

This means Peral Harbor raid is NOT possible. Am I to assume the game really start AFTER the presumed Pearl Harbor raid has already happened?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msoong wrote:
Wait a minute. something is fishy here.

IN order for IJN fleet to raid into Pearl Harbor, Central Pacific must be Japanese controlled (per last paragraph of section 7: "moving to a second or 3rd sea area only possible if the previous area moved into is controlled by the moving player".

This means Peral Harbor raid is NOT possible. Am I to assume the game really start AFTER the presumed Pearl Harbor raid has already happened?

Again, I have to say I'm a huge fan of the original VITP, and like an idiot, I did not get in on the Kickstarter for this game, which I am kickstarting myself in the butt for now!

Going from memory, as again; like a fool, I traded away my copy of VITP years ago considering the one person I regularly play against owns a copy.

Anyway, the original started out with the north pacific & the aleutians under nobodies control. The central pacific was originally Japanese control.

Just my .02 cents is all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Curtiss
United States
Dothan
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that this game starts after the Pearl Harbor raid, and I think WG stated this in their folder at consimworld.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
grant wylie
United States
va. beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
George is correct. We started after Pearl Harbor. Pearl was a one sided affair and I always hated it during VITP.

Grant Wylie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milton Soong
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.