Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 4.1, step 8:

'Return all surface ships to port, and submarines and air units off board.'

Air units and subs going off-board makes sense, but returning all surface ships to port does not. I'm going to assume that sentence was meant as a reference to the last sentence of the paragraph titled COMBAT PURSUIT FIRE on pg 6. Perhaps if it read 'Return all withdrawing surface ships to port...'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this game is as close to VITP as I hope it is, return to port at the end of the turn is right on the money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pepe Carrillo
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played VITP, and haven't started this one yet - just going over the rules with some units on the map to get the feel of different actions. The return-to-port bit is new to me since I mostly play 'land' games, but this makes sense (as in real life refuel/repair/refit). Reckon I'm going to have to get into the naval mindset!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaufschtick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msgt pepe wrote:
I've never played VITP, and haven't started this one yet - just going over the rules with some units on the map to get the feel of different actions. The return-to-port bit is new to me since I mostly play 'land' games, but this makes sense (as in real life refuel/repair/refit). Reckon I'm going to have to get into the naval mindset!

This is a great game to learn, one of my best friends and I have been playing the original for some 35+ years. Back in the day it took us a couple play throughs to get the feel of the game, so thats nothing new I'd have to say, other than it's worth it!

IMHO, this is one of, if not the best, single evening games on the War in the Pacific. It's strategic in scope with a tactical battle resolution, and the original game was so well balanced that we still pull it off the shelf for a play several times a year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.