Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
guy
Wallis and Futuna
Grand Bois Du Nord
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Who has the coldest tap water?

Our water comes from our 205ft deep well at a constant temperature of 45 degrees. On a hot day (today's 84 degrees is a near record), that feels pretty good!

45 degrees is, of course, the average temperature here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly can't say i have measured, but cold-ish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Celebrated my son's "Star Wars" birthday and was properly kilted!
mbmbmbmbmb
Arizona desert tap water - cold comes out lukewarm. The ground water comes out at 90 degrees plus in my neighborhood apparently. I guess we know who lives "downstairs". devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't resist such a random query!

*finds meat thermometer*

*samples tap*

70.5°. And it doesn't take much to heat the water here (Tulsa, OK) in summer.

Sooooo ... not here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would probably depend on how long it's been sitting in the pressure tank in my basement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will check when I get home... close to the OP would be my guess, might even be a bit colder (certainly feels that way at 615 in the morning at the moment).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
Irrelevant. I have four metal bottles (so I don't have to worry about carcinogens and crap leaching out of plastic bottles) that I fill with water from our reverse osmosis system every night before I go to bed and stash in the fridge. I was raised on refrigerated tap water and like it ice cold. Nothing is more refreshing than truly cold water and nothing tastes worse than tepid water. So I make sure I always have enough on hand to handle even the thirstiest days.

That's the only reason I buy bottled water at a fast food place. I'm not that concerned about the stuff that might be in their tap water (at least, not for a single meal). I just want it to be cold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
45 degrees? I think I'm jealous.

Our water comes from the city lines, not a well. I'm guessing, but I'd say 50 - 55, depending on the time of year.
The average ground temperature where I live is 46, so maybe I'm over-estimating it for the winter months.

My grandparents lived in a house located on the inside bend of a pretty large river. Their well had running water in it, 25 feet down.
Naturally filtered ground river water on tap, essentially. It was COLD. And, damn, it was good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't know or care since I don't drink unfiltered tap water. It goes in my Brita pitcher then into the fridge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Celebrated my son's "Star Wars" birthday and was properly kilted!
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
JeRm grew up around here. I ask him: did you run through sprinklers when you were a kid?

Our water came out of the tap orange and you had to put something in it to drink it. We went through bags of salt to help the water as well. For sprinklers, my buddy used to set them up in his yard and we ran through and then on a slip-n-slide into a ditch. We would be freezing and pulling leeches off of us, but that is how Alaskan kids have fun!

Edit: With the permafrost it would be hard to beat the cold of Alaska water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
I mentioned my one set of grandparents, the other set had a well that was tainted by mineral salts. It was practically undrinkable from the tap.
I drank a lot of "Tang" when visiting that grandma and grandpa, and even that didn't really disguise the taste at all. yuk

I lived on an acreage for four years and our well water there had sulphur compounds in it. My dad added Potassium Permanganate to a mixing vessel, weekly, which caused the sulphur to react with the potassium and particulate into a salt that could get flushed away. At least I think that's how it worked.
The stuff reacts with water /sweat and would turn your hands brown instantly, lasting for weeks if you got any on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.