Subject: Monsters with tactics? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently peeked at the DnD board games due to their solo capabilities. The big thing that stuck was that monsters had rules for attacking and movement titled tactics. It occurred to me that implementation of this into HQ could grant it a higher solo capability. Create similar cards for non played heroes would allow for some curious times. An extension of this idea is each map section illustrated on a 3x2 card with flavor text. Perhaps searches and hidden items listed in a random format on a single page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rooms are so small and the monsters all melee in HQ that theres not much "tactics" you can apply other than approach and hack.

What would be better possibly would be to just plug in Mice and Mystics system where the units select targets based on a few different factors.

Its still going to end up basically with "move toward heroes - attack".

Or...

You could use an oracle like the FU dice to add some unpredictability.

Such as the party enters a room. Check to see if the monsters gang up, wait, or just charge individuals. So asking do they gang up and you get a No-But. Could be read as They attack individuals one on one first. But any excess monsters then gang up.

and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert kalin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was inspired by the solo aspects of the DnD tile based games. Each HQ room is in essence a single tile. Sure they're small and there's not much room for tactics like DnD but I believe that some could help solo players. Multi weapon attacks, movement (i.e. ignore unless attacked, stay in room, move by tile um room. Follow, range of activation, climb over furniture, strike n retreat, strike in drive by, block n ignore unless attacked, and of course similar cards for player characters for those solo aficionados.) All of these options allow for decks of cards for each monster type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.