Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Road to Legend» Forums » General

Subject: No shields in shops? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing 2 campaigns we realized that we never got any shield at the shop. Not even once.

This is weird. Is this a bug? Maybe it is intentional. If it is a bug how can we let FFG know. We tried to play a sword and shield build and we couldn't find any.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaigns definitely DO filter the shop availability based on your current group fame level. You get weaker items earlier, that scale up as you level and get more fame.

I'm fairly certain (?) that I've gotten shields before. But I'll be on the lookout now, just for curiosity sake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Douglas
Australia
Wynn Vale
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were offered shields in the shop on our 2nd visit there on our first campaign. Unfortunately we declined them and suffered the consequences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've gotten plenty of shields, but we also own a lot of the expansions.

Do you have the core set only?

Also make sure you are seeing the entire market. You can arrow "right" and see more items that do not fit on the screen at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:

No. We have Nerekhall, Lair of Wyrm, Bilehall and four more of the Mosters box sets.

It just seems weird that we NEVER ever got to see any Shield at the shop for two campaigns in a row...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka-Pekka Tuominen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bowmangr wrote:
Kubigaruma wrote:

No. We have Nerekhall, Lair of Wyrm, Bilehall and four more of the Mosters box sets.

It just seems weird that we NEVER ever got to see any Shield at the shop for two campaigns in a row...

My earlier games have all been with only the base game. But I can say that I have definitely got shields many times from the store.

Having more expansions probably makes it less likely to get shields as in the new items there are more non-shields than shields.

I guess it is a case of very peculiar luck and perhaps some effects from the fame account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
I traded in the city once so far and our group bought Iron shield. My ogre knight uses it, but with defensive training and armor I was not wounded so far (just through conditions). So definitely this item appears in the shop from time to time. You were probably just unlucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.