Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Steel
Russia
Perm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello!
Just doing first steps in "Blitz!" and some questions arise.
And sorry for my English )

1) Five Year Plan victory condition for USSR - does USSR have to save 9 Res\Oil in order to get VP? Or is it just have to qualify for income?

2) Naval units at sea at Turn Start - do they have to end their turn at port, or they can Return to Base, and move to sea again the same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Andrew,

Nice to hear from you and your English is excellent!

1) The USSR simply has to have that many available to spend during production due to this turn's "income". They do not have to have that many saved from last turn.

2) You asked a few different questions here: (i) naval units can stay at sea at the end of the turn; (ii) naval units may return to base at the start of their side's activities phase and then immediately move out of port; and (iii) when those naval units move out, they could move back to the same sea area if they wish, or they could move elsewhere.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Steel
Russia
Perm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for quick response!
About Naval units.

Sorry, I`ve made mistake about "end of turn" part, but need further clarification:

Quote:
4.2. ...Any moving naval unit that begins its move in a sea area must end its move in a Port...

So, if my Naval unit begin turn in a Sea area, in Phase 1A I have to Return to Base, or I can stay in a Sea area and do not move at all? And if I Return to Base in 1A, can I move to another Sea area in 1B and end Naval movement there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Andrew,

Sever79 wrote:

Quote:
4.2. ...Any moving naval unit that begins its move in a sea area must end its move in a Port...

So, if my Naval unit begin turn in a Sea area, in Phase 1A I have to Return to Base, or I can stay in a Sea area and do not move at all? And if I Return to Base in 1A, can I move to another Sea area in 1B and end Naval movement there?

Your naval units do not normally need to return to base in 1.A. There are some exceptions: "If there is no base within range where it could return to base, then your unit must return to base at the closest land area where it can stack. If the only base within range is unable to trace a supply line (see 1.7), then the unit must return to that base. If there is no friendly land area at all that a unit could return to base to, then your unit is destroyed, even if it could stay at sea."

Apart from those exceptions, however, your naval units can always just stay at sea (and often will). Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Dave L.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Steel
Russia
Perm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank You, Dave!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.