3 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about a sail action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl MAdden
Canada
flag msg tools
If I take a sail action but only move one ship is my second ship still considered to have taken the sail action despite not moving at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boote
United Kingdom
Virginia Water
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you mean for the purposes of loading/unloading Goods?

Yes, a sail action is moving one or both ships UP TO their maximum Sail value - so that includes zero
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willott
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also
(box 3 spoiler)
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Curses that trigger following a sail action: 'Feverish' causes you to remove a good from a ship's hold after every sail action, and 'Possessed' causes you to take a damage if you don't sail through dangerous waters with a sail action.

I assume these would trigger only if the sail action is taken for that particular ship. (But the wording on the Guild pages might suggest that if the sail action is taken, both ships take it - and the curses WOULD trigger - discuss with your play group, or geekmail RobDaviau for clarification.)

In either case, as Chris Boote mentioned above, you can only load/unload goods before or after taking a "sail action" with a ship. It makes sense that you wouldn't have to sail one space out and one back to accomplish this (but you still have to use it as one of your 2 guild actions. BUT, I imagine that if you are loading/unloading goods from your cursed ship, the curse would trigger (because that ship is officially taking part in the "sail action"). And I think that the curse triggers immediately after the sail part of the action.

So with an empty ship that is Feverish/Possessed, you could:
1. Sail nowhere
2. Lose a non-existent good/take a damage
3. Load goods aboard

With a full ship that is Feverish, you could:
1. Unload all your goods
2. Sail nowhere
3. Lose a non-existent good/take a damage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.