Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

lets say I have selected factory movement action and also +1 movement from mech upgrade (so I have total of 3)
Can I with this movement take several workers form hex i am currently standing on and move to first space and drop one worker there, then go onto another space and drop second worker and on third space drop third worker?
Is this legal?

Thx,
Mladen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gerig
United States
Upland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simicic wrote:
Hi,

lets say I have selected factory movement action and also +1 movement from mech upgrade (so I have total of 3)
Can I with this movement take several workers form hex i am currently standing on and move to first space and drop one worker there, then go onto another space and drop second worker and on third space drop third worker?
Is this legal?

Thx,
Mladen

It sure is! Mechs (but not your character) can pick up and drop off workers mid-movement.

From the rulebook:
English rulebook p.15 wrote:
Your mechs can pick up and drop off resources and workers in the middle of a Move action when they have the Speed ability.

Although that does bring up a question (possibly for Jamey?)... is the ability for mechs to pick up and drop off workers mid-move something gained specifically with Speed? If someone managed to get to the factory without Speed, can they still do this? Technically, the only place that mid-move worker pick-up and drop-offs are discussed is within the Speed ability. Maybe this has been answered elsewhere, but I haven't seen discussion of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
flaquito wrote:
is the ability for mechs to pick up and drop off workers mid-move something gained specifically with Speed? If someone managed to get to the factory without Speed, can they still do this?

Mechs can always pick up/drop off workers, it is not linked to any specific ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great, I am happy to hear this , I played correctly

P.S. I wanted to share my opinion
For now I played about 15 games, two players, all against wife.
Seems that Rusviets and Crimeans are best, and Albion seems weakest.
Saxony also not so strong, but interesting.
We cannot find way to get good score with Albion, but I dont want spoilers or suggestions we will learn how this faction works
I noticed that factions strength also depends on number of players, eg Crimean ability to teleport to empty factions base is stronger in 2 player then in 5 players...
Albion flags are stronger in 4 players then in two, since more players means you have less opportunity to control many territories.

Thx, in case some new questions arise I will feel free to write once more zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnson Orr
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
Pick 'em Up!
badge
You know my methods, Watson.
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a lot of two player as well, but with my girlfriend! And I'd have to agree with you about the Rusviets and the Crimeans. The teleportation to the factory and empty faction spaces is just massive in a two player game with so much open space. I think that the competition for the weakest is between the Albion faction and the Nordic. Saying that, I also think the Nordic faction has some crazy spreading power early game, especially in 2 player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mladen Šimić
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dear Johnson,

I am glad we came to same conclusion
We played with Nordic only once and I cannot remember outcome, but I dont recall it was too bad, nor too good, like between 74-76 points...so I cannot judge them too early.
But we played again today, few minutes ago, I was Saxony and she was Albion, and I had 81, and she had 69...but regardless of the outcome this result is better then last results we achieved so they are definitelly playable.
We like and play assimetric games, so this really isnt problem for us, but we see this as challenge (as you can see I am full of corporate bs )
But honestly I am really looking forward to games in 3 players when my friend returns from vacation, and i think in more players this faction would be more competitive.

Maybe i will lurk into strategy forums in case we dont figure out how to play better in next week.
She played really good , went agressive to center, fought, planted flags on strategic positions, teleported herself several times, got factory card, but it still wasnt enough.

Br,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kinne
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AmysteryBox wrote:
I play a lot of two player as well, but with my girlfriend! And I'd have to agree with you about the Rusviets and the Crimeans. The teleportation to the factory and empty faction spaces is just massive in a two player game with so much open space. I think that the competition for the weakest is between the Albion faction and the Nordic. Saying that, I also think the Nordic faction has some crazy spreading power early game, especially in 2 player.

I'd suggest adding one Automa player to your 2 player setup. It should really help.

We used to play Scythe 3 player, which often meant that 2 players are close together and fighting with each other, while the 3rd player can happily go about their business without interference.

Once we added an Automa as the fourth player, things changed quite a bit. Suddenly there was a lot less room on the board and everyone had some sort of opponent near them - be it a human or an Automa player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yag Avaryu
South Africa
flag msg tools
There is a natural preponderance to think of mechs as combat machines. Yet, we are all familiar with their use as transport and forget that this is frequently their most utilised function - mass transport - not combat.

Accordingly, as transport units they can be used as flexibly as would be expected. Dropping off partial loads at waypoints during movement is entirely rational and legal. One exception would appear to be that the faction character/animal pair cannot use this transport method. Perhaps there are insufficient loading facilities for the inseparable animal - although the Crimean bird should be capable of boarding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.