Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Villarreal
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I will be happily going all in for the 2nd Edition with the expansion.

Depending on how much gets upgraded, the biggest issue to me outside of artwork not being compatible is:

The 90 degree cut cards for the locations.

The 2nd Edition of TEK and from TEG onwards, they have done rounded edge cards, but TED remains the only one with 90 degree cut cards. I'll be happy to do a full re-buy to make everything match in every way possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, I cut away and rounded the corners of my TEK 1st Edition terrain cards, and can't tell the difference. It's rather easy to do IMHO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fuzzyfoot wrote:
And I will be happily going all in for the 2nd Edition with the expansion.

I'm definitely going to go all in on it as well. I actually really like TED and want the second edition.

haslo wrote:
FWIW, I cut away and rounded the corners of my TEK 1st Edition terrain cards, and can't tell the difference. It's rather easy to do IMHO.

I did the same. I got the round corner cutter off amazon for a couple bucks. Super easy to round them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could anyone clear this up? So they are doing the second edition and the expansion will not be compatible with the original?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
Could anyone clear this up? So they are doing the second edition and the expansion will not be compatible with the original?

That's my understanding; the Dark War expansion will not be compatible with the original TED.

So will TED:2nd Ed get a separate BGG entry? Seems like it should, since the two games are not compatible with the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pattersonclan wrote:
borsook wrote:

That's my understanding; the Dark War expansion will not be compatible with the original TED.

So will TED:2nd Ed get a separate BGG entry? Seems like it should, since the two games are not compatible with the expansion.

Thanks... that's a bummer though... going through the hassle of trying to sell the 1st and buying the 2nd is not something I look forward too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
borsook wrote:
Pattersonclan wrote:
borsook wrote:

Thanks... that's a bummer though... going through the hassle of trying to sell the 1st and buying the 2nd is not something I look forward too

I'm curious to see more about the changes. I know the expansion will have a campaign mode, so maybe I'll use 2nd ed for that, but play 1st ed for single game affairs.

I'm also curious how the discounting will work for 1st ed backers. Michael seems to follow these boards, so it would be nice if he could chime in with some more details. I'm assuming these will be $24 ea for deluxe, which has been the normal KS pricing for TE games. So if we can get a bundle for around $35, that would seem reasonable to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Whisper
France
Salon de Provence
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope that they will come out with a smart plan for the owners of the first print. Indeed, they built up their reputation game by game through a solid community and it would be sad to be "excluded" from this campaign due to compatibility issue.

I own TEK+HC, TED, TEG+BTB, TEW, TEQ (waiting for it)... so please find a way to keep your passionate backers in without having to pay the full price

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cavern_11 wrote:
I really hope that they will come out with a smart plan for the owners of the first print. Indeed, they built up their reputation game by game through a solid community and it would be sad to be "excluded" from this campaign due to compatibility issue.

I own TEK+HC, TED, TEG+BTB, TEW, TEQ (waiting for it)... so please find a way to keep your passionate backers in without having to pay the full price

Thanks

While I am all for supporting backers... I bought all TE games at retail... and I hope that we are customers too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Pattersonclan wrote:

Yes, it should get its own entry, but no one has submitted one yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.