Hide
4 Posts

Archmage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Planet TrackSSS? Some clarification would be appreciated rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rilakkuma
msg tools
From the photo of components, it seems that each player has his own planet track on his player board.

Should the planet track be in-sync between players?

If so, what is the purpose for having multiple tracks for the same information?

Is there something I got it wrong? Maybe the planets are not sync among players (but it doesn't really make sense to me, theme-wise)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Long Nguyen
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
relaxuma wrote:
From the photo of components, it seems that each player has his own planet track on his player board.

Should the planet track be in-sync between players?

If so, what is the purpose for having multiple tracks for the same information?

Is there something I got it wrong? Maybe the planets are not sync among players (but it doesn't really make sense to me, theme-wise)?

No the planet track does not need to be in sync with the other players. Depending on which color token you move on the track, you gain a relic of that color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Heerema
Canada
Hanover
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Long is correct. Planet tracks function independently for each player. It's a bit of a thematic stretch, but I think of it as the Mages tracking the planetary alignment from different tower perspectives or using different charting systems. In "real life", I'm always surprised how multiple people can witness the same set of events but recall it in different ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rilakkuma
msg tools
Thanks for answering the question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.