Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tucker here, posting to you straight from the Greater Columbus Convention Center! I'll be here all week to tell you all there is to hear about STAW at Origins--follow our Facebook page at https://m.facebook.com/stateofthefederation/ for all of the latest updates!

I've already heard from Stephanie at WizKids that they'll have an exciting announcement at the Fan Appreciation event that's being kept closely under wraps--stay tuned for all the details!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Sounds good. Your commentary in the pas has been pretty darn solid. So when my STAW and SW:Armada gaming night has wound down Friday, I'll be looking for the goods from you guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
I'm sure everyone is excited for the new rule book/download! Keep us posted for sure!Any update on that will be very welcome and much appreciated! 😊

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like your previous conflicts with WizKids are water under the bridge – glad to hear it. I hope they recognize that you’re a voice for the player community and they realize all you’ve done for it. People like you, Joseph, David, Nick, and Will have done far more to promote STAW than even WK has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wingnut79 wrote:
I'm sure everyone is excited for the new rule book/download! Keep us posted for sure!Any update on that will be very welcome and much appreciated! 😊

Check the Facebook page for more details, but apparently we're going to see it with the new card packs--possibly with some sneak peaks ahead of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Color me blind, but can anyone make out the text in some of that fun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob J
msg tools
mb
Well, the only card which you can kind of read would be OP Data:
Crew, 5 Points:
ACTION: Discard this card and target an opposing ship (Range 1-2). Role one Attack die and consult the chart:
Crit : Discard a card of your choice on the target ship.
Hit : Discard the Captain on the target ship.
BS : Discard a Crew on the target ship.
Blank: Nothing happens.

Ship: Cardassian Dreadnought, looks like the text is not the same as the one on the Cardassian Dreadnought we already have, the new one has 3 lines, the old one 4.

Weapon: Plasma Pulse
4 Attack, Range 1-2, fore and aft (judging from the Icons on the left), 3 SP, Dominion (?)

All the other cards texts are too blurry, for me at least. Only the names are readible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have better photos on the FB page today--can't really link them on my phone, but head over to check them out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
tsuyoshikentsu wrote:
We have better photos on the FB page today--can't really link them on my phone, but head over to check them out!

Yeah I ended up finding that after I posted the request. The new "Dreadnought" is something else. Looked like CS12 until it has a damage card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
Thank you for all the posts! It was nice to follow! All very exciting! Your work and the work from others such as "The Shipyard" are extremely appreciated and I look forward to more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Top 4 and Championship matches from US Nationals and Worlds are coming from the Shipyard soon. My hotel internet is SLOW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
tsuyoshikentsu wrote:

Yeah I ended up finding that after I posted the request. The new "Dreadnought" is something else. Looked like CS12 until it has a damage card.

Yes, it might actually be playable now. I was not enthusiastic about another ATR, but that ability is really nice. The weapon upgrade is nice too, and usable on defense - I hope the rest are decent after getting nothing but expensive discards the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
SMDMadCow wrote:
Church14 wrote:
tsuyoshikentsu wrote:

Yes, it might actually be playable now. I was not enthusiastic about another ATR, but that ability is really nice. The weapon upgrade is nice too, and usable on defense - I hope the rest are decent after getting nothing but expensive discards the first time.

I actually use the Dreadnought a lot as Dominion. Stick shroud on it for a 10HP, 6PAV flanker. Sure it is skill 2, but if they turn to take it out, they open their flanks to you. In practice, this means it gets deployed about range 3-4 from wherever I plan on putting the rest of the fleet. Depending on the enemy deployments, first turn is either a long bank or a 5 straight to get to their flank faster. The critical detail seems to be to have turned 45 degrees to all the other ships for the first turn of shooting. It lets you do another bank to keep actions going on turn 2 of shooting.

I also approve of that weapon. A way to push damage without resorting to buckets of dice or they roll no defense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.