6 Posts

Advanced Squad Leader» Forums » Rules

Subject: Berserkers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Currie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I have a Russian berserker about to start their charge. It's already in an adjacent hex to its target, both units in a stone building.
So the German unit can FF using TPBF with +2 modifier (+3 Tem, -1 FFNAM) and if it survives that I get SFF (cos it used 2 MFs to enter the hex) using TPBF with the same +2 modifier? AND, if it survives that(!), can I use FPF in the defensive fire phase (same TPBF and modifier)??
Or have I misunderstood something? 🤔

Just to add, the SFF and FPF would also be halved (after the TPBF)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lowry
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost.

When he enters the hex, you can fire with TPBF with +3 TEM, -1 FFNAM. You are then marked with a First Fire marker.

You can fire again at his second MF as Subsequent First fire. This will have the same +2 DRM, but will be tripled (TPBF) and halved (SFF), for 1.5 x normal FP. The First Fire marker is then flipped over to the Final Fire side.

As you're already on Final Fire when the DFPh starts, you can't fire again at that point. If you did not SFF earlier, you'd still be on First Fire, and could then Final Fire as above, but without the FFNAM modifier.

If you were in rubble (takes 3 MF to enter), you could First Fire, SFF, and PFP at the berserker as he entered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Currie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ah, yes. I edited my post to add the halving.
So, I don't get the FPF cos it's not another unit moving adjacent? Makes sense, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindis wrote:
When he enters the hex, you can fire with TPBF with +3 TEM, -1 FFNAM. You are then marked with a First Fire marker.

Replace "can" with "must". (A8.312)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Probst
Australia
Glen Waverley
VIC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Currie_p1 wrote:
So, I don't get the FPF cos it's not another unit moving adjacent? Makes sense, thanks

No, you don't get FPF because the berserker only expends 2 MF to enter the Location, which means the occupants of the Location only get at most 2 opportunities to fire at him (A8.3).

Remember that once the berserker is in the enemy unit's Location, that enemy unit loses the ability to make any attacks at anyone not in the same Location (A7.212).

Finally remember that berserkers must move first in the MPh before any non-berserker unit (A15.43 and the ASOP).

Further clarification: FPF is a type of attack that can only occur during the MPh, and never during the DFPh (A8.31).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Currie
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Right, got it, cheers. I think I was more getting some of my terminology wrong in my original question, which confused the issue even more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.