Myth» Forums » General

Subject: What JM content are you most excited about? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Chase
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
While we wait for news, I thought it'd be fun to think about the top 3 items that we're most looking forward to receiving from JM, in priority order.

Here are mine:

1) Kraken - this is the ultra boss that appeals to me the most. I'd really love to go up against this beast!

2) The Golden Gear module - this is probably the new monster type that I'm most excited about, but it's close.

3) The commanders - maybe this is cheating, but I really like the idea of commanders changing our existing monster factions.

It's tough to just pick 3... Man, I hope this project makes it over the finish line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The new stretch goal heroes (including the female sculpts for the Swashbluckler and Outsider, although I think they should have been the base sculpts, not the alt ones)

2) The Razorfiendlings and the Dragon types from the Ferrenroc module add-on (and stretch goals), but I am excited about all the new monster-types and mini-bosses, too.

3) The colored Fate dice add-on (and the item decks add-ons).

(I know, I really stretched each of my 3 picks, but there is really a lot to be excited about! )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) The modules - finally some difficulty-balanced content I can run through with a group. Adventure mode led to "cakewalks" or "impossible / endless skirmishes" too often, and put many of my gaming group off the game for good.

2) Quest / item deck addons - because more basic content is great to have!

3) All the sweet miniatures, because I kind of went all in on, well, everything not in the first kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron K
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The prospect of receiving my pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan McGuire
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Ack!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The limited edition rule book. They did a great job on the MERCS 2.0 book, and I expect the same will be true of the Myth book.

2. The Alt Gender heroes. There was a bunch of stuff I could have ordered direct at the time this KS launched, but that Over-the-Top deal was just too good to pass up. Of all the stuff in the OtT deal, it is the Alt Heroes I can't wait to get (I never did like the male brigand)

3. Nikki model for no other reason than it would be fun to paint. Plus I'm looking forward to exploring the Tavern mode because it attempts to flush out the world of Myth being more than just combat scenarios.

BTW, Thanks for this thread. It is helping me keep the hope alive. Much appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Modules, minis for crappy tokens (Lucy etc), the huge dragon, coloured fate dice and the mighty Kraken!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I'm right there with you. The Kraken is the boss I've been waiting for.

2. Ally, pet, agent, avatar minis. I always like having models for all the extra combatants that can turn up.

3. Shadowlands module. A siege battle sounds like fun. Plus Balistas!

Of course I'm looking forward to all of it. As a new player I currently have the core box and the two Journeyman boxes. When the rest of my pledge arrives I will certainly have a lot more variety of enemies and heroes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Renwick
Australia
Avalon
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
1. The Kraken is the sort of thing that you can sell the game with. You could set it up anywhere and anyone around you would suddenly become interested in learning about or at least watching the game.

2. I hope they open up the pledge manager so I can get the book and a couple more modules. I'm much more confident about and fond of the game than I was when I bought in to Journeyman and I'm happy to throw down more money.

3. The Modules in general. Myth is an interesting and evocative fantasy world, but it always needed filling out in more detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Di Muro
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just looking at the original KS page again and there is A LOT of stuff coming our way. What excites me the most - all the amazing minis aside, which have me drooling:

1. All the new story content and skills
2. Alchemist game mechanic
3. Commander mechanic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Loeffler
Germany
Nürnberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for that thread, Tim!

My JM top 3:

1) Big Book - although my hopes may be a bit too high about what is actually in it.

2) Receiving my "Mirror of Souls" module in printed, pretty form - should it actually happen...

3) Last but not least - more enemies classes like the clockwork or thieves (having "human" enemies opens up a lot of story possibilities).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Chase
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
That's right. I forgot about the module competition! I really hope that happens... More Emberweave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Blogs
United Kingdom
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello, what am I missing. Have MCG come out of hibernation and sent out an email that they are back in business regarding the KS? I did not back the KS (was too late) but purchased the two main expansion modules off of their web site - are they saying that all the additional minis, modules plus the Kraken are now made available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaffab wrote:
Hello, what am I missing. Have MCG come out of hibernation and sent out an email that they are back in business regarding the KS? I did not back the KS (was too late) but purchased the two main expansion modules off of their web site - are they saying that all the additional minis, modules plus the Kraken are now made available?

Not yet. They did however have a quick update saying that they have still been moving forward and plan on delivering the final pledge contents in one shipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Scarborough
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Elementalist

2. Cyclops ('cause Krull and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger——okay that's a friendly troglodyte, but still...)

3. Working my heroes up to a point they are strong enough to fight Hrīmceald (and fighting Hrīmceald)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Scheuber
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The book. I did get the MERCS book because it was part of my pledge. I think I will never play that game but I was really really impressed by that book nevertheless. If the Myth book will be anything like that I am quite happy.

2. The Kraken. Seemed like such a fun fight and the mini is gorgeous.

3. Town mode. I don't know if it will be still included but MCG mentioned there will be like a little bit of RPG-ish go to town mode in one of the expansions. I am curious about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arno van der Kwast
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darby_ wrote:
2. I hope they open up the pledge manager so I can get the book and a couple more modules. I'm much more confident about and fond of the game than I was when I bought in to Journeyman and I'm happy to throw down more money.
Would be nice! Even better yet if it get's opened for new backers. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.