Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle between Daredevil (Defenders) vs StarLord (Guardians)

A couple of questions:

1)
Quote:
Moon Knight (supporting character): Multiple personalities. You can discard any character to power-up Moon Knight.

Is there a limit? I mean, can I discard 3 characters at once from hand to give him +3/+3?

2)
Quote:
Drax (supporting character): Berserker. When he attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on him.

After the attack, does he keep the +1/+1 counter (for future turns)? I'd say yes....

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If you do the Power ups in your Main Phase then you can do them all at once, since your opponent never have priority there.

If you do them during a combat you need to let your opponent have a go if he/she wishes after each power up. Since you alternate priority for combat Plot Twists, Super Powers and Power Ups there.

2) Counters are for keeps. Until end of combat bonuses get lost at the end of the combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Max!

Evil_X wrote:
1) If you do the Power ups in your Main Phase then you can do them all at once, since your opponent never have priority there.

If you do them during a combat you need to let your opponent have a go if he/she wishes after each power up. Since you alternate priority for combat Plot Twists, Super Powers and Power Ups there.

I did it on "my" Main Phase, so I guess it was a licit move.

But I think I don't get you on your second paragraph because I don't see the point... Priority switches alternatively, right? Player A does something, then player B does nothing, then player A does something, then player B does nothing, on and on, until the two players do nothing.

Wait:

Can I power him up in opponent's turn? (there's no "anytime" symbol)

Evil_X wrote:

2) Counters are for keeps. Until end of combat bonuses get lost at the end of the combat.

I'am afraid you lost me again whistle
"Counters are for keeps" --> I understand you mean I keep them for future turns (unless my character is stunned).
I don't understand your second sentence... bonuses get lost at the end of combat? that contradicts the "counters are for keeps", right?
Sorry, I'm confused

Edit: I think I understand now. Card tells me to put a "counter" on Drax. So it stays. If the card told something like "Drax has +1Atk +1Def while attacking", then there's no counter and at the end of attack this "bonus" would be lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, you may Power up during opponents turn but only during combat. The reason for allowing your opponent to have priority between power ups is he might have a trick that lowers your defense to zero and stunning you. If you would play all three at once you might deny him the window of opportunity to do that.

2) You got my meaning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again Max thumbsup

Evil_X wrote:
1) Yes, you may Power up during opponents turn but only during combat.The reason for allowing your opponent to have priority between power ups is he might have a trick that lowers your defense to zero and stunning you. If you would play all three at once you might deny him the window of opportunity to do that.

Ah! right, understood!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.