Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about The handling of the Color of cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Werner
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi Gamers,
What happend when i lose a character card - for example in red, when i now later draw a Card from the deck in the same color , must i discard all cards that show the same color (here red) ?
Regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Merkle
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those cards stay in your hand and deck, and can still be played if they have no play or spot restrictions. Some cards (like Electroshock spotting a yellow character) may be less useful once that character is gone, but those cards can still be used to discard to reroll dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wink
United States
Eagleville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards such as Force Choke or Force Protection that say "blue character only" would limit your ability to play them on a particular color character.

For equipment cards that don't stipulate a color, I think you would be able to use them on any color character. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinfield
msg tools
Colours are primarily a deck building restriction - once you start the game, they have no effect in regards to playing the cards, putting upgrades on characters etc.

The primary exceptions to this are cards that say '<colour> character only or 'spot a <colour> character' to do something. These are play restrictions - you need to be able to fulfill the requirements to play the card. However they don't otherwise effect how the card works - for example, if you have a 'Yellow character only' card such as Crime Lord and all of your Yellow characters have been defeated, you can still use the card for other purposes, such as discarding it for a reroll. There are also some cards that will allow you to avoid the usual restrictions - for example you can use the card 'Ace in the Hole' to roll Crime Lord into your dice pool, even if you don't have a Yellow character left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.