Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug McLandress
Canada
flag msg tools
Winter is Coming
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope Monolith changes the Action Crystals to something more in line with the atmosphere of the game. Mini Batarangs would be awesome. The game deserves it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DMcLandress wrote:
I really hope Monolith changes the Action Crystals to something more in line with the atmosphere of the game. Mini Batarangs would be awesome. The game deserves it.

I could've sworn that I saw somewhere pictures where they had purple and green (Joker colored) crystals, but I can't find that photo anywhere right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
DMcLandress wrote:

Crystals were very cheap to purchase/make from Conan, if you go to a pet store or dollar store you see massive bags of them for next to nothing. Might have helped keep the cost of Conan down instead of making custom tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
DMcLandress wrote:

Crystals were very cheap to purchase/make from Conan, if you go to a pet store or dollar store you see massive bags of them for next to nothing. Might have helped keep the cost of Conan down instead of making custom tokens.

You can even find translucent red plastic hearts at the dollar store around Valentine's. Depending on the season/time of year, you can find some pretty nifty stuff with which to pimp your games for pennies on the dollar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Queree
Australia
Lalor Park
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are plenty of thematic tokens available for the Batman miniatures game which would work for this. It'd be nice to get bat-tokens in the box (or as a Kickstarter bonus) but it will be easy enough to source better replacements if they don't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the tokens from batman love letter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavien Loisier
United Kingdom
Heckmondwike
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
or dedicated tokens for bad guys family: owl masks, question marks, coins, smile ... Game price would become crazy but that could be good fun !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic

Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbi wrote:
or dedicated tokens for bad guys family: owl masks, question marks, coins, smile ... Game price would become crazy but that could be good fun !

Would become crazy? Come on, now. I already know it's going to be crazy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Matheson
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely agree that the crystal are not something I care for. I would much rather have little plastic disks, or even little wooden round meeples like you see at Meeple Source. But since this is a Batman boardgame color them the blue or black of batman and they are a fairly nice looking and cheap thing to add to the game. Yet, if these had the batarang symbol printed on them I'd like that too. As far as little plastic batarangs I like that idea too, very much so. I would think that is super-cool so I am guessing the rest of you would love little Batarangs or black (or blue) disks with yellow circle the black batarang symbol on it.

Yet, taking this idea further why not Joker Smiles or Riddler Question Marks and other various villains or characters. Think of them as alternative versions added to the KS as either an Add on or as an SG.

Keep in mind this will be a KS and so you can do that type of alternative stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, would you chaps want wooden tokens and a selection of stickers that you can choose to use for your game? Batman logo/Joker Smile/Riddler "?"/Robin 'R"....

Instead of the gem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete D
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mb
Riddler / Joker or Arkham tokens for the villain
Bat symbol tokens for the good guys

Tokens should be square or a bit more haptic with depth because flat tokens are a pain to keep picking up and moving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PoDGO wrote:
Tokens should be square or a bit more haptic with depth because flat tokens are a pain to keep picking up and moving.

Yep, that bugs me a bit too. Or maybe a player board, like the overlord!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Whitley
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
badgerthebrave wrote:
So, would you chaps want wooden tokens and a selection of stickers that you can choose to use for your game? Batman logo/Joker Smile/Riddler "?"/Robin 'R"....

Instead of the gem?

I am not a huge fan of stickers. I imagine it would mean doing a LOT of stickers per player and getting stickers on straight is always a challenge and will always bug those if they aren't done perfectly.

I have been trying to think about what tokens you could use, e.g. Cowl tokens, or little Bat symbol tokens, but I would worry about the fragility of them, but it depends on what you make them from.

I do quite like the ones from Batman Love Letter. I found some cool looking ones online, https://deathwatchstudios.com/2015/05/20/batman-miniatures-g...

In regards to villain tokens, I haven't come up with some good ones that are shared, but I did quite like the ones from Adrenaline (refer to picture), http://storyboardwebseries.tumblr.com/post/157794674197/adre...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Custom plastic tokens would be nice, but probably too expensive.

Crystals I felt took me out of the immersion; they're not thematic.

Overall, I'd prefer wooden discs with stickers. But I reserve the right to upgrade my copy with laser cut tokens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In an interview from Essen Spiel this weekend they mentioned cubes instead of crystals. They also said the boards will have layers so the cubes don't tend to slide around that easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replect wrote:
In an interview from Essen Spiel this weekend they mentioned cubes instead of crystals. They also said the boards will have layers so the cubes don't tend to slide around that easily.

That is almost correct. There will be at least one cube used for indicating you state (passive or aggressive.) Still no idea on if the gem will be in the final version (maybe bataranges or false teeth or ...) And it will be a recessed board so these (whatevers) don't slide around

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the state is binary (active or resting), wouldn't it be better to use a card or token that can be flipped over to show the required state, rather than a cube or token that has to be moved somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
barry Doublet
France
epernay
Other
flag msg tools
Mad Crazy Fool !!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is an alternative way to do it, yes. With the number printed on it to say how much energy you collect.But that would take more table space...

These boards are going to be interchangeable with the heroes you chose. You will be able to slide your chosen character in the player board. There will be holes in the top layer so that you can see the stats and it will act as a recess, to stop your (gems) moving around, like leaves in the wind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.