Orléans» Forums » Rules

Subject: Killing a worker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amelia Hieb
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
My spouse tried to "kill" a knight after all the beneficial deed spots for knights were filled by returning his knight to the unrecruited pile of knights. I argued (and maintain) that once all the beneficial deed spots are filled for a particular type of worker, you're stuck with them in your market/board/bag--otherwise, removing them from your bag proportionally increases more versatile workers in your drawing pool. The rules don't seem to specify, so two questions: are you able to remove workers from your drawing pool in any way after beneficial deed spots are filled? If so, how?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just putting it back in supply is illegal. You put it in your bag, and when you draw it next, place it on a spot on your board and just leave it there if you have no better use for it.

Knights are crucial to moving your pawn, so i would not give them up so easily, but to each his own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amelia Hieb
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
BeyondMonopoly wrote:
Knights are crucial to moving your pawn, so i would not give them up so easily, but to each his own.

We've only played two player so far, but I find travel (ship/wagon) and guildhalls are a far more resource-intensive way to accrue points than the alternatives. Hence, killing knights as they are otherwise basically worthless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amelia Hieb
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks! Is this covered in the rules anywhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ameekie wrote:
Thanks! Is this covered in the rules anywhere?

No, but generally when the rules don't say you can do something, you can't so it, otherwise you are making up a rule.

The Town Hall allows you to move a piece to an unoccupied Beneficial Deeds space. If you cannot do so, then you can't use the Town Hall. Anything beyond that would be a house rule.

The point of the mechanic is to create a race for the spaces so you don't get stuck with characters you don't want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.