Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, i dont usually consider variants for any game. I dont like variants that are not official (variants that are not included in the rulebook).

But i have been considering a few for this game.

First of all

Missions - Rarely i see someone going for missions in gen 1 or 2 (except when they have a red pawn ofc...), they definitely feel random and they may set you off track or maybe set you up for something awesome.

My idea: Actually i have none, you 2 draw and choose one, this rule in the game by itself alreadys balance this space and provides interesting choices. But maybe changing the cost a bit? like instead of pay a friend, maybe pay a friend and gain 1 gold... I am really not sure here.

Mansions - For some reason i feel mansions are at the same time balanced and unbalanced, a mansion early game will give you 6 points over the game, AWESOME! A mansion late game will score you 2 points... I have bought the mansions mini expansions maybe this by itself will make mansions more meaningful.

Ventures - OK, this is where i really have a problem. They are simply not worth it... often when you get a green an orange pawn you also get sad. Pay 2 friends and lose 1 point.... NOT WORTH IT (even when you do have the orange pawn)!!! I saw a variant for this on the files but i did not like it.

My idea: The space costs only 1 FRIEND. Simple as that. When you get orange pawn you will actually feel a bit happy about it. And when i say they are not worth it i mean YOU WILL NEVER use your own pawn to do this action.

Overall, i dont like these 3 space actions but i am OK with 2 of those but on my next game i will definitely try this variant for venture space.

What do you guys think about those? Am i mistaken in assuming ventures are simply not worth it? Do you guys use any variant in this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've used Ventures maybe twice in twenty plays, so I agree they're not worth it. I don't mind the cost, but the yield is really poor. I think I've doubled the income gain before, but I don't play this frequently enough for house rules to stick.

I use mansions & missions plenty. Extra prestige in the early game can definitely trump the goals on your patron card. Missions can give a little direction when faced with too many similar choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.