Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased the Mayday 70mm x 120mm card sleeves like 2 months ago and now that I'm trying to insert the large cards, I find that both the cards and the sleeves are exactly 70mm x 120mm. Ergo no fit.

Does anyone have any large sleeves that did work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarot format by FFG is perfect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
Tarot format by FFG is perfect

And.... they are out of stock. Unless I want to pay 400% markup on amazon cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch I bought it too 70x120 Mayday and mini euro ( red fantasy flight )
thank you for heads up, just wondering if anyone tried the Swan Prem Card 70x120 ?
Swan has Premium Card 80x122 but 10mm extra is quite a lot ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loudsmoker wrote:
thank you for heads up, just wondering if anyone tried the Swan Prem Card 70x120 ?

Did you get the premium (75 count) or standard (100 count) of the tarot sleeves? At the time I purchased I only found the premium, I'm curious if the standard ones fit but I'm not yet willing to shell out money to try it..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
70x120 ultrapro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loud
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
Loudsmoker wrote:

Did you get the premium (75 count) or standard (100 count) of the tarot sleeves? At the time I purchased I only found the premium, I'm curious if the standard ones fit but I'm not yet willing to shell out money to try it..

I have both here ( standard and premium ) , what I am missing is Sword & Sorcery KS ( still waiting, but soon hopefully ... )I'll try and let you know when eventually my KS show up ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brach Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Mayday 70 x 120 (yellow) that i bought for War of the Ring and they seem to work fine. Nice tight fit but not too tight you are forcing the card in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b4retina wrote:
I have the Mayday 70 x 120 (yellow) that i bought for War of the Ring and they seem to work fine. Nice tight fit but not too tight you are forcing the card in.

Are you using the 75 pack or the 100 pack? I've got the 75 pack and bent a card trying to squeeze it in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm trying out the sleeves from Miniature Market. I've never used their sleeves before so I don't know what to expect, but MM is a great store and their prices are low. Iirc, $2.30 for a 50 pack of tarot sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried maydays too, to small. I tried ultra pros, and they fit perfect. It's an issue with mayday, they're too small for Arcadia quest also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuzzydeath wrote:
I tried maydays too, to small. I tried ultra pros, and they fit perfect. It's an issue with mayday, they're too small for Arcadia quest also.

I usually don't like ultra pro because of their dumb little foil logo but in this case I went ahead and ordered a pack. Should be here Sunday. I think I'll just put the logo part on the back of the cards and maybe I can ignore it then.

I agree it's Mayday's fault. The card size is listed at 70mm x 120mm, why would you make your sleeve the exact same size? How is that even logical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedmutant wrote:

I'm trying out the sleeves from Miniature Market. I've never used their sleeves before so I don't know what to expect, but MM is a great store and their prices are low. Iirc, $2.30 for a 50 pack of tarot sleeves.

Let us know how it turns out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
b4retina wrote:

Are you using the 75 pack or the 100 pack? I've got the 75 pack and bent a card trying to squeeze it in

Slightly too small,or too big sleeves happen sometimes with mayday. It's fairly rare and if you usually you can get them to send out replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
Friedmutant wrote:

What brand are these? I am curious how these work as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
I've got the 75 pack and bent a card trying to squeeze it in

Can confirm the same problem. I can get a card into the sleeve, but its really jamming it in and I'd probably ruin some cards on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up using Ultra Pro. They fit perfectly and you don't see the backs of these cards so I can hide the dumb foil logo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
kevinjohn3d wrote:
Friedmutant wrote:

What brand are these? I am curious how these work as well.

"Games Plus Products"

I've not used them before and they still haven't showed up. MM has cheap shipping, but you need to be patient.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/gps96700.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
What about the master enemy scrolls? Are there any sleeves on the market for them?

Regards, Gorkar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorkar wrote:
What about the master enemy scrolls? Are there any sleeves on the market for them?

Regards, Gorkar

No sleeves out there, but you could do a 5"x7" toploader
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
I purchased the Mayday 70mm x 120mm card sleeves like 2 months ago and now that I'm trying to insert the large cards, I find that both the cards and the sleeves are exactly 70mm x 120mm. Ergo no fit.

Does anyone have any large sleeves that did work?

These inexpensive FFG clones work great for me:

http://www.docsmagic.de/100-Docsmagicde-Tarot-Size-Board-Gam...

That's the "penny" variant. They also sell a much thicker (100 micron) variant which i use for Elder Sign:

http://www.docsmagic.de/50-Docsmagicde-Premium-Tarot-Size-Bo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinjohn3d wrote:
Friedmutant wrote:

They fit perfectly.

So good pricing on these sleeves from Miniature Market, but their low-cost shipping option is Fedex, which is the worst shipper in the known galaxy. Over two weeks to get my sleeves (from Indiana to Washington state). Fedex tied my purchases to a feral cat and gave it only vague instructions on how to find me. Cheap though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Fuzzydeath wrote:
Gorkar wrote:

Regards, Gorkar

...thinking of laminating these instead of trying to find a sleeve. Of course, I can't "undo" that once it's done. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorkar wrote:

Regards, Gorkar
I don't know of any available sleeves right now. But there was a KS for Paladin Card Protectors in various sizes including, I think, a match for the AI scrolls. I think 70x120mm (tarot) is the right size?

Should all be available in approximately 3 months.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nskngames/paladin-card-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
Fuzzydeath wrote:
Gorkar wrote:

Regards, Gorkar

...thinking of laminating these instead of trying to find a sleeve. Of course, I can't "undo" that once it's done. Thoughts?

I laminate my board game materials all the time, especially if there's no proper card sleeve for it. As long as you get all the bubbles out it looks great afterward.

If you don't want to risk your actual materials, you could scan them in, print on card stock and then laminate that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.