Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

D-Day at Tarawa» Forums » Rules

Subject: Japanese Withdrawal / Re-Supply / Tank Extended FOF rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gator Skin
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Really enjoying this game -- the best solo system out there. Three questions for Tarawa vets:

[8.33] I'm curious as to how people handle Japanese Withdrawal on Turns 1-16. Each and every time a Japanese unit withdraws, are you mixing that unit randomly into the existing pile on the Japanese Reserve Box? That's a lot of constant mixing!

[12.1] Does the Japanese Re-Supply Action apply to Japanese positions that are out of supply?

[13.1] Can the Japanese Tank Extended Field of Fire "see through" other Japanese units that are in the way, between the tank and a U.S. unit?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Ã…kerlund
Sweden
Vallentuna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gatorskin wrote:

[8.33] I'm curious as to how people handle Japanese Withdrawal on Turns 1-16. Each and every time a Japanese unit withdraws, are you mixing that unit randomly into the existing pile on the Japanese Reserve Box? That's a lot of constant mixing!

I usually wait and just add a whole bunch of them at the same time when the number of Japanese Reserves are on the low side.

gatorskin wrote:

[12.1] Does the Japanese Re-Supply Action apply to Japanese positions that are out of supply?

Yes, unlike some other actions such as "Reinforce" and "Muster".

gatorskin wrote:

[13.1] Can the Japanese Tank Extended Field of Fire "see through" other Japanese units that are in the way, between the tank and a U.S. unit?

Definately! Just check the FoF and follow the instructions in 6.31.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gatorskin wrote:
[8.33] I'm curious as to how people handle Japanese Withdrawal on Turns 1-16. Each and every time a Japanese unit withdraws, are you mixing that unit randomly into the existing pile on the Japanese Reserve Box? That's a lot of constant mixing!

This isn't a comment about the game because I haven't played it. I'm sure Withdrawal makes sense within the context of the game.

But I saw the text about Japanese withdrawal on Tarawa and the first thing that came to my mind was "Withdraw to where?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.