Subject: The blood gaea .2 rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Duiker
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
I am starting The Bllod Gaea 0.2 mission but looking at the rules I am not sure what the Faun warriors do for the Patrol rule. I am not sure how the alarm triggers according to the event either. Do the centaurs and faun musician show up after we deactivate all the totems? The last question I had was what do faun warriors do to totem spending 1 AP VM 6 mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bonneau
United States
Brimfield
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its in the updated rulebooks. You roll on the random movement card, they move their max move in that direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Duiker
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
Thanks for that. I tore threw that rule book trying to find out what that meant. Not the new one obviously

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Duiker
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
Does anyone know what the faun does with the totems with 1 AP VM 6 mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Duiker
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
Never mind found out the VM was a misprint and it should of been threat area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Keller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
What is the "alarm" in this mission, and how is it set off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
WordBurn wrote:
What is the "alarm" in this mission, and how is it set off?

Hey Christopher, first things first; if you haven't already checked this link out, please do so:

https://shop.ludusmagnusstudio.com/blogs/news/first-post

The answer that you seek in is the latest revision of the plot book.

This mission uses two special rules: Stealth and Patrol.

The faun warriors use the patrol rule until the alarm sounds.

Patrol: This special Action can only be used by the Enemies and only if the word “Patrol” or “Stealth" is found in the special rules of a mission. In these missions, until the Heroes trigger an alarm (see previous paragraph), the Enemies can only use this action. At the start of an Enemy activation, roll a die and compare the result with the Orientation Card. The Enemy will move in the direction corresponding to the rolled die face, by a number of squares equal to their Ra. If the Enemy encounters an obstacle during this movement, continue their movement in the opposite direction. If their movement ends in a square next to a Hero, the alarm is triggered.

The stealth special rule is also in effect.

Stealth: In missions that adopt the special “Stealth” rule, Heroes can try and move without alerting their enemies. When a Hero declares their intention to carry out this action, they must decide how many squares they intend to move (spending the relative AP), how many AP they want to spend for the stealthy movement and then roll the number of dice equal to the AP spent. If successful, the Hero can move the desired number of squares, without taking any risks. If the stealthy movement roll is not successful, the Hero will make a false move, placing the Enemies “in alert”. Position an incognito token “?” next to any Enemy as a reminder. If another Hero then rolls to make a silent movement and fails, the alarm will be triggered. The alarm will also be triggered if a Hero attacks an Enemy, unless the Enemy is killed as a consequence of this attack. As soon as the Hero triggers an alarm, this action can no longer be used for that mission.

Note also, both of these rules are on page 3 of the new Plot Book, however this page is towards the end. (Misplaced between pages 35 and 36 by mistake)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Keller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks! I did a Ctrl+F search for "alarm" in the update rulebook, but it didn't take me there for some reason. Thanks for finding it for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jochen Lienhard
Germany
flag msg tools
I'm still a little bit confused about this mission.

Why shall I use the "stealth"? I don't believe that you will reach the first totem without being detected in the first round.

I think a better version would be:

"If a hero is in CA of an enemy during the activation without a successfull stealth, the enemy gets 'in alert'."

So you have a change to reach the totems without being detected.

Or did I understand something wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next question:

where on the perilium are the rest of the enemies? All in the tile before the champions? I can only spot the token for the faun warriors, but not the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I see the mistake. One Faun Warrior Token was removed in the errata but the text still reads "and the two Faun Warriors guarding..." - that should be fixed.

Also: PLEASE rotate the upper right tile by 180° - because then the road matches.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, first try: I managed to succeed.

But I was INCREDIBLY lucky in 2-3 rolls (where I rolled 4x 4+ with the knight for an instant kill on the musician, for example) and I won the mission... at exactly 00:30 !

I have no clue how you would ever be able to succeed on it without this kind of luck.

1st round: haste on my knight to turn out the first lamp (roll doesnt matter as no one else moved)
The rest of the team stays put and just buffs itself with Aim, Poison and Mana Gems while opponents run in circles, doing nothing.

2nd turn: Knight attacks first centaur, the rest teams up on the first faun warrior.

At some point The knight needed to make a run for the blood of gaia.

I cant see how any stealth approach would have any chance of success. Chance says that you are able to move with 1-2 characters per turn without sounding the alarm. The rest has to move 1 space and then pass, which is very very bad considering the tight timing. And in any case, the alarm goes off when all 3 totems are gone, meaning you need to take the blood in the turn the last lantern is turned off. Does this really work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.